Least smelliest primer

Dazzio

Hello Everyone,

I call upon your senses.  The question is thus... What primer is half decent and doesn't smell bad?  Basically my modelling shed has been moved to the kitched of my new flat.  While my gf is happy and content that I spray into a booth in the kitchen with the window open, it's not fair that the primers (Halfords Plastic Primer from a rattlecan stinks out the flat).  While this doesn't bother me, because I have no sense of taste or smell... it's a problem for her because of her headaches.  So as people who have noses that work, what is the least smelliest primer.  I dont mind if it's airbrush or rattlecan.

Lets get the normal questions out of the way...

Yes I can eat spicy food, no it doesn't effect me.  No I dont enjoy steak/beef/lamb/pork (delete as appropiate).  Yes I still have to eat to survive.  No I can not smell whatever thing you asked me.

Hopefully someone has a logical answer, I was using Vallejo primer, I was told to cut it with pledge, but I have forgotten what one... :/  Plus I imagine that smells too?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Hi Dazzio,

I second the recommendation of Vallejo primers, but watch the polyurethane primers. They are great but don't sand well, actually they don't sand at all. Following a post I made earlier on this forum I would recommend Badger's Stynylrez too (I think Ultimate's primers are rebranded Stynylrez, and the same holds for them).

Best Wishes,

Will.

• 1 month later...

Stynylrez 

Stynylrez

and stynylrez. 

100 times better than the Vallejo stuff which has a smell and doesn't like to be sanded cause its too 'rubbery' (Major point of using a primer in the first place)

stynylrez. No smell and can be sanded as dries nice and flat and very hard 👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿

• Like 2