BE 2c 1/72 decals

Jan Polc

I think the "Overseas" presentation aircraft was an early BE2c, so would need different exhaust to that in the Airfix kit, as well as the skid type undercarriage.  Photos of it appear in several books.  It may have had a Renault 70hp instead of the RAF1a engine, not sure they look much different in life, let alone 1/72!

• Like 1

Yes. Overseas has another exhausts and skid type U/C. I think this will be corrected in final instructions. Anyway - this option can be used for "early" BE 2c issued by CMR in resin (PUR) and still available at Hannants....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What's the latest on this sheet? It wasn't at Telford, I'm told (by my mate who went looking), and it doesn't show up on the Hannants web site (which shows that they carry Avalon). I have a BE2C almost melting in anticipation ...

13 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

What's the latest on this sheet? It wasn't at Telford, I'm told (by my mate who went looking), and it doesn't show up on the Hannants web site (which shows that they carry Avalon). I have a BE2C almost melting in anticipation ...

Hi, and yes it was not at Telford (ask me how I know!).  So still no idea of how to get them?  

Andrew 

On 1/7/2017 at 4:52 PM, Botan said:

By the way, I wonder if there are any Belgian decal for Be2c.

You might be able to use the Airfix RE8 Belgian decals - roundel diameters should be ok and the rudder stripes should trim down to fit. There will be plenty of spares around - I've got loads!

Good news - printers started to work on the sheet this Friday. According the sales of this sheet there are Camels and RFC Nieuports in the plan.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...