History article on the "Baa Baa Blacksheep" Corsairs

JMChladek

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. A few years ago, an author named Stephen Chapis wrote a nice article covering the history of the specific Corsair airframes used in the 1970s television show "Baa Baa Blacksheep". Well he recently updated the article and posted it to Warbirds News. The article is a fascinating read as it talks about the history of these planes during their military use (what history could be found) how they ended up in private hands, their show use and where they ended up after. The ones that intrigued me the most were a pair of F4U-7s that apparently flew combat during the Suez crisis and possibly in Indo-China. There is also a former "Soccer War" FG-1D mentioned.

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/warbird-articles/poor-lambs-corsairs-baa-baa-blacksheep.html

The article has certainly given me inspiration for a possible project. For me it would be going full circle in my modeling history as my very first model kit at age 6 was a Revell 1/72 F4U Corsair because the show was on the air at the time. My brother "helped" (i.e. he did most of the work), but after that I was hooked and it started me on a hobby that has lasted almost four decades.