a1_zpstb8ma3hr.jpg

a2_zpsnatuduhv.jpg

b1_zpsywiunbth.jpg

b2_zpsswk82fbt.jpg

c_zpsz7cv1w8f.jpg

d_zpsntv2bx3t.jpg

e1_zps4jnhhoqo.jpg

f_zpslj4rut9u.jpg

Not simply a 'great Airfix kit', in my opinion, one of the best fitting and rewarding kits of any manufacturer that I've built in years. No I'm not one of those folks that screamed and shouted for a 48th Defiant in the past, to tell the truth I don't really care about the 'type'. However, as a 'kit' it was/is fabulous. 

Built straight from the box with only the very old generic 'RAF Seatbelts' etch set from Eduard. If you haven't built one and are planning to do so, I'd strongly advise you get the Eduard masking set - I didn't realise until I started applying the masks that there's another row of tiny windows between the main vertical and topside ones on the sliding part of the canopy !!

base%201_zpsuuxmqep1.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. All criticism, comment and questions welcomed.

AFN

Ian.

Edited by Ian
add another photo
  • Like 30

Well done, that looks great.  I had a look at one of these kits at the last model club evening and was suitably impressed by it as well.  If I hadn't already got one of their 1/72nd scale Defiants in the stash I would have ordered one straight away.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, k5054nz said:

Bravo Ian, what a stunner! I've never seen a Defiant in this scheme before.

...and that's why I did it !!.  Still working-up the courage to tackle your Mozzie, tho'...

Ian.

• Like 1

That,s a beautiful rendition of the Defiant Ian,great scheme and some subtle and effective weathering,I,ve been after this kit for over a year but 

despite my LMS being a main Airfix outlet they can't get them for love nor money! 

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1