1/72 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

Well, still seems a lot more affordable than the 100 Euro Hobby Boss 48th offering!

However, i am secretly hoping Zvezda eventually makes the "definitive" Su-34 in 72nd, super accurate, like they did the Su-33 and Su-27SM...

2 hours ago, drake122 said:

Well, still seems a lot more affordable than the 100 Euro Hobby Boss 48th offering!

However, i am secretly hoping Zvezda eventually makes the "definitive" Su-34 in 72nd, super accurate, like they did the Su-33 and Su-27SM...

If you're very patient maybe. From what I have heard, the next Su-27 family member that could/should come from Zvezda in 1/72 scale is the Su-30SM. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 9:39 PM, rod mcq said:

The UK importer Pocketbond is quoting a UK price of £48.99 with the kit due in February/March

http://www.pocketbond.co.uk/Product.aspx?ID=5010

That has to be a new record for a modern tactical fighter MSRP not by Hasegawa. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be cheaper prices via eBay

22 minutes ago, Phantome said:

That has to be a new record for a modern tactical fighter MSRP not by Hasegawa. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be cheaper prices via eBay

Well the Su-34 is not a small plane either. 

I think the delta between 1/48 Su-27 and Su-34 is quite significant. 

But yes eBay should bring more reasonable prices. 

3 hours ago, Flankerman said:

At 3 X the price of the Italeri Su-34 - I'm prepared to bet it won't be 3 X better !!!

Ken

Probably not Ken. But given the amount of corrections to apply to the Italeri kit to depict an up to date plane... Now wait and see, it's Trumpeter/Hobby Boss, pretty sure they will have missed/botched some details anyway. 

On 18/01/2017 at 4:34 AM, Flankerman said:

At 3 X the price of the Italeri Su-34 - I'm prepared to bet it won't be 3 X better !!!

Ken

PS - My Italeri Su-34 build here.

I think given the era the Italeri kit was produced in, it surely will be 3x better. I love seeing what you do with the older kits but I am prepared to spend more for all the modern tool bells and whistles. I have the Tamiya repop on hand and have been hoping/waiting for another producer to come along so I don't have to go through the trouble to make this kit stand up next to the hasegawa flankers. Not that it was even within my ability. 😁

The panel lines, the ordinance, and the decals should better the older Italian kit. Now I have only listed three things, not necessarily that they are three times better, but factor in inflation and I think that you can see where the new price is Justified?

I will have to order the mig  31, the su-33UB, and this kit to make a nice little set.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2017 at 10:29 AM, Darren Rhodes said:

I've got so little will power, I'll buy this regardless of cost, even though I already have a Revell/Italeri one with loads of extra bits...  

Darren

Moi aussi, I'm afraid. This and the Modelsvit Fitter-H are taking care of my pocket money for this year! :idea:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

33 sprues - 550 parts in a 1/72 kit. So we are buying a weapons set with a free aircraft again?

Pretty much -and the aircraft, being from Crumpeter, bit will be worth every cent of free! (And I bet there won't be any BetAb 500 SHPs among the canned bangs neither.)

Well, considering their Mig-29 UB version just recently reached european hobby stores (and was released in china in november 2016), is it safe to say another 3-4 months wait time is a real estimate for this?

Also, 550 parts -- and if they still manage to omit the hydraulic arms for gear bay doors like they did will all other 72nd Flankers I've seen from them so far -- I organize a riot I swear!

• Like 1