Psychedelic Surf Buggy

PatW

This kit I understand is a re-issue by Lindberg in 1/20th scale.

I've changed a few things along the way, mainly removing the wood panels alongside and back of the removable top, and adding windows and travel destination decals.

I've also changed the front wheels as the tyres are a different style to the rears, with a very wide squared off tread, for rear wheels and tyres from the Meyers Manx kit. These wheels/tyres are just a shade smaller in diameter but much narrower. And in my normal way, changed the paint colour to 'Rover Metalic Green' and added a number of home-brewed decals.

The one area of change was having to add strips of plastic to the bottom of the body as when test fitted to the completed chassis, the height of the fan housing and dynamo stopped the body/chassis coming together level.

And wired the engine.

39_zpswiqb9oco.jpg

56_zpszfeaujze.jpg

45_zpsqqyd3egk.jpg

46_zpsi24oki45.jpg

47_zpseaq8y5ol.jpg

52_zpsxtipzsil.jpg

53_zpsl0bcrrk4.jpg

Edited by PatW
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, celt said:

That really is a psychedelic surf buggy,tidy.:clap2::clap2:

They called it Psychedelic, but what I remember of being a teenager in the '60's was that when something was Psychedelic it was covered in multicoloured pop art. There were no decals that related to that! So I had to supply them. 

34 minutes ago, Mitch K said:

Like, radical, man!

Thanks Mitch K, that's what I hoped people would see!

Edited by PatW
  • Like 1

Thanks celt. Yes I scour the web, copy what I like and print them onto both clear and white backed decal paper, two coats of acrylic gloss, and an hour later they are ready to cut out, dip in warm water and slide onto the kit, Hey Presto! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PatW said:

Thanks celt. Yes I scour the web, copy what I like and print them onto both clear and white backed decal paper, two coats of acrylic gloss, and an hour later they are ready to cut out, dip in warm water and slide onto the kit, Hey Presto! 

Exactly. I do this all the time and it's a priceless technique.