E Type Jaguar 1/8 partwork - RESUMING

roymattblack

It's 100 weeks...

Yes, I'll collect all the parts before starting on it.

That way, I can repaint the body parts all together in a colour I'd prefer to BRG.

With (almost) all of these kits, once the subscription run ends - about 2 years - a full kit is then available to buy.

Roy.

Whew - 100 weeks a lot better than I thought. But all parts in hand is how we all build. Constant planning, test fitting, modifying and painting is a back and forth process. Those engine bits look like they will definitely need the 'Roy' touch of better finishes and finer details.

23 hours ago, roymattblack said:

Finally - a partwork I'll definitely be getting:

http://www.deagostini.com/minisites/uk/collections/build-jaguar-e-type/

Roy.

That looks very tempting Roy

Are the Deagostini kits generally good quality?

Do you know when it starts? I couldn't find that information on their website.

Best Regards

Keith.

• Like 1

DeAgostini kits are usually excellent.

Their McLaren's are actually made by Kyosho and are both blindingly good kits.

The E Type has a few points above the Revellogram kit - genuine wire spoked wheels (old Pocher style) are a massive plus, along with genuine leather seats and interior.

Also, the body is a completely new tool from laser scanning of a real car, so it will be an infinitely better shape - especially the front end - than the plastic kit.

It's ready to subscribe right now, delivery of the first parts within 14 days.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

1 hour ago, roymattblack said:

DeAgostini kits are usually excellent.

Their McLaren's are actually made by Kyosho and are both blindingly good kits.

The E Type has a few points above the Revellogram kit - genuine wire spoked wheels (old Pocher style) are a massive plus, along with genuine leather seats and interior.

Also, the body is a completely new tool from laser scanning of a real car, so it will be an infinitely better shape - especially the front end - than the plastic kit.

It's ready to subscribe right now, delivery of the first parts within 14 days.

Roy.

Thanks very much Roy.

Best Regards

Keith.

Hmmmmmmm .............. so to subscribe now or to drip the same amount of money each month into a stocks and shares ISA and buy it at the end of 2 years with the proceeds (profit or loss :D?

Edited by elderly

If you do it elderly's way you get to decide to buy it after 100weeks as a complete ready to build kit, probably saving a few quid by the looks on DeAgostini site.

Trouble is your be in two minds to buy such an expensive kit when you have all that dough, probably better to subscribe :D

1 hour ago, colin said:

If you do it elderly's way you get to decide to buy it after 100weeks as a complete ready to build kit, probably saving a few quid buy the looks on DeAgostini site.

Trouble is your be in two minds to buy such an expensive kit when you have all that dough, probably better to subscribe :D

My thoughts exactly.

A few quid a week 'feels' less painful than parting with a large lump of money in one go.

The green car in the magazine is a 'C' reg. so that would make it 1965 and hence a 4.2,

although the seats illustrated in the model are definatly from a 3.8.

Does one have to subscribe from the start in order to get all of the parts?

Decisions, decisions :lol:.

Edited by elderly

I won't build mine until I have all the parts - as with the Shelby.

However, I still look forward to getting the 4 x packs each month, and going through the magazines and looking at the bits.

I suspect if I had 100 magazines about Jags turn up all at once, I probably wouldn't read 2/3 of them, as was the case with the Bond DB5.

I got that in one package and hardly read any of the mags even though they were very good.

I swung by the news agents today and picked up the first issue to see what the parts were like, the bonnet is painted nicely and looks good quality, the smaller chrome parts and badges are also very nice. I think this could build up into a very nice model.

Best Regards

Keith

8 minutes ago, roymattblack said:

Yes.

1st issue is main bonnet section, badge bar and badge.

All look very good quality - especially the little growler badge...

Roy.

You also get one of the winged wheel centres.

Best Regards

Keith.