E Type Jaguar 1/8 partwork - RESUMING

roymattblack

Stroll on. Some things to get there, wouldn't know where to start and where it would end ! I would have torn my teeth out for something like this in the 60s. Doubt I would've had one if they did, still waiting for one of those "you're not having one" Johnny 7 Guns !

Those studio scale elevator cars are something. I got visions of the tyres warping, bursting under breaking and the weight of The Fire Flash then zooming stage right and off into the bondoo .

I just checked ebay for J7 Guns. £280 for a boxed (not mint) and mint gun, on going . £31 and counting for 2 different  grenades. there are even J 7 components for sale, a breech block and other pieces. Just need a Rec to charge about on.  :mg:    ...then get arrested !  :bobby:

• Like 1

Ah, the Johnny 7 gun, I wanted one too.

I do vaguely remember I got the Airfix FN rifle,

The bullets were a pain to find after firing and I

think I broke off the barrel!.

I like that cutaway Thunderbird 2 pod.

Last week I found I still have the arms and

reflector/shield from a large plastic TB4.

(I think it was motorized) from the 60's.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2016 at 6:42 PM, roymattblack said:

I think the DeAg kit is going to be brilliant for modellers.

Some will build it 'as-is' - and get a great result.

Some will 'tweak' it and get and awesome model.

I think most here fall into the second category and I'm looking forward to seeing a LOT of build threads for this one... (Mine will be primrose yellow)

Roy.

That was the colour of the E type 4.2 hard top my best man drove me to the church in.

All together now ....  aaaaaaahhhhhhh.

B)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, roymattblack said:

The E Type partwork is resuming at the end of Feb.

Had an email today.

Roy.

I've heard nothing from DeAg - Will those of us who originally subscribed have to re-subscribe?

And if not, will we automatically get the re-issued improved parts such as the seat leather?

If you subscribed originally, you should have had an email about the upcoming release - now March 15th nationally.

If you still have your original sub number, call DeAg and say you still want to get the kit.

You will get the first 5 issues FOC.

Here's the new DeAg page - contact info is there.

https://www.deagostini.com/uk/collections/build-jaguar-e-type/

Roy.

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my first partwork.

I don't want to build this until either I have all the parts, or at the earliest I have all the body parts

as I intend to change the colour.

It's presumably wise to open each (card and bubble pack?) instalment every month in order to check that what should be there is there

and in an undamaged state.

How do you experienced partwork builders then safely and sensibly store it all as you go along, until it's time to build?

There's a short piece in today's Mail on Sunday about this. 

Apparently, there is a premium package you can subscribe to that costs an extra £1.50 a week, which means the full 100 issue set costs £1,038.

I saw the first issue in my local W H Smith's this week, a fetching black bonnet.

41 minutes ago, Whofan said:

There's a short piece in today's Mail on Sunday about this. 

Apparently, there is a premium package you can subscribe to that costs an extra £1.50 a week, which means the full 100 issue set costs £1,038.

I saw the first issue in my local W H Smith's this week, a fetching black bonnet.

That's strange as all the DeAg photos show it in a green colour

3 hours ago, colin said:

That's strange as all the DeAg photos show it in a green colour

It could be down to poor lighting, the bonnet in the plastic blister  and my eyes!

Probably best not to rely on my eyes ......

• Like 1

Funny enough my father thought the bonnet was black too.  It's green but it seems to be too dark for British racing green.   I'm tempted but 2 years for the whole collection???

I can't remember how much the Aston was but I seem to remember it was about 1 year and a few months.    Plus will there be another annoying fit problem like with the Aston wings?

Edited by SeaVenom