Blenheim Mk IV GRB 1 Lorraine North Africa 1941

Good evening All

My next build for this Gb will be the Airfix Blenheim Mk IV

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977223-bristol-blenheim-mkivf-172-airfix/

used by GRB 1 Lorraine of the Free French Air Forces in 1941

285751BistolBlenheimGBLoraineN14.jpg

I will use the Xtradecal decls sheet
995057003.jpg

655980004.jpg

References
 204902005.jpg

I will use the Yahumodels Instrument panel and Quickboost trop air Intake
 508622002.jpg

I will start this week end

Patrice

• Like 6

I'll be following, if that's okay. I have three of these in the stash and am looking for some tips.

One thing to bear in mind is the turret armament, Airfix have two VGOs but I think that MkIVs could have one or two VGOs or twin Brownings.

• Like 1

Brilliant subject,....I have one of these planned and I look forward to following yours. 

Wasn`t there some talk about the colour of the Lorraine crosses some time ago? looking at photos they appear to match the centre spot of the roundel,.....which is blue!

Image result for blenheim lorraine

jpg_biblio_st_pereuze_lorraine_devant_blenheim054.jpg

Just thought I`d mention this in case you didn`t already know. 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Good morning Tony

Thank you for these pics :worthy:..

After checking the books above It seems that Xtradecal has made a mistake there  but I will deal with the colour of the Lorraine crosses later ..

Patrice

• Like 1

Hi Patrice, just mask the decal sheet with Tamiya yellow tape so only the red crosses are exposed to your airbrush loaded with the appropriate shade of blue. You may stick the tape to your hand first so it is less tacky. I have done this several times and it works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Hi Patrice, just mask the decal sheet with Tamiya yellow tape so only the red crosses are exposed to your airbrush loaded with the appropriate shade of blue. You may stick the tape to your hand first so it is less tacky. I have done this several times and it works.

Good evening Marcel

Thak you for the tip but I dont' use an airbrush just a simple brush , I will see what I can do in time ..

Regards

Patrice

Good evening Giorgio

Welcome aboard , I had built the old Airfix many years ago and when Airfix released this new kit I knew that I will build it in these markigs one day and this Gb is the perfect opportunity to do so ..

Patrice  

Bonsoir Patrice,

well, that Blenheim is moving forward pretty fast!

Have a lot of fun with it!!!

Cheers

JR

Hello Patrice,

I have only just found your thread here.

Free French is one of my favourite subjects :) . You have very nice reference books.

It has gone together very well. I have an MPM Blenheim in the stash, I don't think it will go together as nicely as this :S .

I'm looking forward to the rest of this build,

Best regards

TonyT

3 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Hello Patrice,

I have only just found your thread here.

Free French is one of my favourite subjects :) . You have very nice reference books.

It has gone together very well. I have an MPM Blenheim in the stash, I don't think it will go together as nicely as this :S .

I'm looking forward to the rest of this build,

Best regards

TonyT

Good evening Tony

Thank you for sharing this subject , if you search some infos on Free French aircraft and if I can help you it will be with pleasure ..

Hum I must admit that as you can see I had to use some putty when placing the front fuselage with the rest of the aircraft ..

Regards

Patrice

It is coming together well Patrice,......love your interior work and paintwork,...... looking forward to following the remainder of your build.

Are you adding any bubbles to the pilots windows or sticking with the kit parts?  

Cheers

Tony