This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/48 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk family by HobbyBoss - A-4E & F released

On 6/11/2017 at 12:12, NAVY870 said:

Two ways to fix a sticky slat, one could do it as per the book by removing all the access panels then adjusting and shimming the tracks

until it worked smoothly or

Stand up on the drop tank, make sure your watch Chief isnt looking and kick the bejesus out of it until it worked. If this didnt work then go

get the book. 

Always good to get first hand knowledge of how you fix these things. I believe thumpology is the scientific name :D

On 5/15/2017 at 14:05, ziggyfoos said:

The VC-1 scheme should have bent probe and the walkway shown (and provided as decals) for that one isn't correct either, it should extend all the way to rear of the wing. The one shown/provided seems to be a common mistake, as it is, it would be appropriate for an A-4F.

Just noticed that, strange as the box art shows the bent probe?

On 6/10/2017 at 14:27, Mr B said:

overall......I would say 6 over 10..... looks presentable ....for the price I paid....around 125 Malaysian ringgits. I plan to just swap this for my Hasegawa blue angles boxing as if I recall the blues had the spoilers wired shut ?....and use the Hasegawa plastic for a actual e in combat ops.....I still await the c and b versions......I do hope they are on the cards....anyone want specific shots let me know....I will try to take them and post...here

my two cents.....

mr b

Dont forget to swap the intakes as well if you can as the Blue Angels aircraft had the enlarged Superfox intakes, these are in the Hasegawa kit.

Julien

Straight probe on an aggressor bird? 

I think not.

8 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

Straight probe on an aggressor bird? 

I think not.

If you mean the A-4F then you are right Steve, I have pictures of that one and it has the bent probe. 

HB have this bad habit of missing these small details.

Julien