1/48 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk family by HobbyBoss - A-4E/F & M released - Black Dog detailing sets

Homebee

On 6/11/2017 at 12:12, NAVY870 said:

Two ways to fix a sticky slat, one could do it as per the book by removing all the access panels then adjusting and shimming the tracks

until it worked smoothly or

Stand up on the drop tank, make sure your watch Chief isnt looking and kick the bejesus out of it until it worked. If this didnt work then go

get the book. 

Always good to get first hand knowledge of how you fix these things. I believe thumpology is the scientific name :D

On 5/15/2017 at 14:05, ziggyfoos said:

The VC-1 scheme should have bent probe and the walkway shown (and provided as decals) for that one isn't correct either, it should extend all the way to rear of the wing. The one shown/provided seems to be a common mistake, as it is, it would be appropriate for an A-4F.

Just noticed that, strange as the box art shows the bent probe?

On 6/10/2017 at 14:27, Mr B said:

overall......I would say 6 over 10..... looks presentable ....for the price I paid....around 125 Malaysian ringgits. I plan to just swap this for my Hasegawa blue angles boxing as if I recall the blues had the spoilers wired shut ?....and use the Hasegawa plastic for a actual e in combat ops.....I still await the c and b versions......I do hope they are on the cards....anyone want specific shots let me know....I will try to take them and post...here

my two cents.....

mr b

Dont forget to swap the intakes as well if you can as the Blue Angels aircraft had the enlarged Superfox intakes, these are in the Hasegawa kit.

Julien

8 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

Straight probe on an aggressor bird? 

I think not.

If you mean the A-4F then you are right Steve, I have pictures of that one and it has the bent probe. 

HB have this bad habit of missing these small details.

Julien

2 minutes ago, planeart said:

i am responsible for this box art image as well...i have painted all 3 versions that have been released so far...A-4e, A-4F...and this A-4M...I am looking forward to see the kit....

Nice artwork, although I would have gone with a VMA-131 aircraft (for obvious reasons). I can't say that I am interested in the kit however; the lack of separate slats makes it a non-starter, especially when I have a quantity of Hasegawa kits in the stash. It's stunning that Hobby Boss neglected this feature.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Nice artwork, although I would have gone with a VMA-131 aircraft (for obvious reasons). I can't say that I am interested in the kit however; the lack of separate slats makes it a non-starter, especially when I have a quantity of Hasegawa kits in the stash. It's stunning that Hobby Boss neglected this feature.

Same here. Only exception will be if they release OA-4M.  And that again in combining HASE wings (if possible and if in the mood).

But impressive artwork anyway dear planeart

9 hours ago, Mr B said:

Hobbyboss 

we need a  C and a B.....please

so many scheme n options out there.....

rgds

I'd be happier if Hasegawa just rereleased their early Skyhawk kits to be honest. 

13 hours ago, DIO said:

Same here. Only exception will be if they release OA-4M.  And that again in combining HASE wings (if possible and if in the mood).

But impressive artwork anyway dear planeart

Thank you very much DIO...as i mentioned in past...i am only responsible for the box art...the choice of what model and wich version of the model, relies on Hobby Boss people...Have a nice weekend!!!

15 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

thank you very much for the kind comments!! I understand your point... some times although they create great models...are forgeting some very prominent details....i also, as a collaborator, i had a desire, i asked them so many times for a new tooling Avro Lancaster in 48th scale...but the answer was a fish's silence!!!! Have a nice weekend!!!

20 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I'd be happier if Hasegawa just rereleased their early Skyhawk kits to be honest. 

Agreed...for sure....those were and great engineered kits......

1 hour ago, DIO said:

...or an OA-4M?

Kinetic were showing CAD images for a 1/48 OA-4M on their Facebook page back in 2014. They haven't issued any updates but hopefully it is still in their plans. I'd easily buy a Kinetic OA-4M over a HobbyBoss kit.

6 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Kinetic were showing CAD images for a 1/48 OA-4M on their Facebook page back in 2014. They haven't issued any updates but hopefully it is still in their plans. I'd easily buy a Kinetic OA-4M over a HobbyBoss kit.

This OA-4M projet is usually reported as cancelled

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234958047-148-kinetic-oa-4m-possibly-more-than-just-a-rumor/&do=findComment&comment=1586057

V.P.

• Sad 1

The tail has the 'hotdog' antenna molded in place and there isn't any other options included for the fin tip, so you might have to do a bit of work to get the angled tip of the Brazilian navy Skyhawk.

• 1 month later...
  • Julien locked this topic
  • 4 years later...

Black Dog detailing sets on approach

- ref. A48160 - Douglas A-4 Skyhawk  wheel bays + engine - https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/4pc49aimrep0hbmk00di.html

- ref. A48161 - Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Electronics + spine - https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/hivm9tbwv8a0v40or4ep.html

- ref. A48162 - Douglas A-4 Skyhawk  big set - https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/1ipzc6vllyklaywesdvm.html

A48160.jpg

A48161.jpg

d1.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk family by HobbyBoss - A-4E/F & M released - Black Dog detailing sets