1/72 - F-15E Strike Eagle - by G.W.H (GWH, Great Wall Hobby)

172flogger

That is looking really, really nice. :thumbsup:

In the first sprue shot, do my eyes deceive me, is that an Israeli-style "R2" SATCOM beside the cockpit fuselage halves?

Can`t think what else that could be, but am open to theories.

Cheers, Ian

I wouldn't be too surprised if an F-15I did appear. There's also a good chance of the F-15K and F-15SG too - both versions would cater for the Asian market.

Mike.

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, baldwin8 said:

Can someone tell me why 2 speedbrakes are included? Was there a difference?

I hope one is the early production version with interior ribs. That, as well as seeing the sprue layout, I wouldn't be surprised if a single seater was on the cards. 

Jay

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ian buick said:

That is looking really, really nice. :thumbsup:

In the first sprue shot, do my eyes deceive me, is that an Israeli-style "R2" SATCOM beside the cockpit fuselage halves?

Can`t think what else that could be, but am open to theories.

Cheers, Ian

Oh yes it is!:penguin:

I eagerly await this kit's release. I have pre-ordered one at Hobbyeasy (under the 'Lion Roar' label and with a release date that has now slipped to Friday, 19 May) and, based on the sprue photos shown here, will be very chuffed when it arrives.

Curiously, it seems as though that GWH have only included intake ramps that are angled down, as seen when the engines are running (at idle?), not those in the static/parked/unpowered state (i.e. where the top of the intake is horizontal/level with the rest of the upper fuselage). I hope that both depictions are included in the kit.

Andrew.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

I eagerly await this kit's release. I have pre-ordered one at Hobbyeasy (under the 'Lion Roar' label and with a release date that has now slipped to Friday, 19 May) and, based on the sprue photos shown here, will be very chuffed when it arrives.

Curiously, it seems as though that GWH have only included intake ramps that are angled down, as seen when the engines are running (at idle?), not those in the static/parked/unpowered state (i.e. where the top of the intake is horizontal/level with the rest of the upper fuselage). I hope that both depictions are included in the kit.

Andrew.

Like these ones?

F-15c launching Sparrow

F-15E at Take Off

Yes, the picture of the Lakenheath F-15D taking off (impressive image!) is a perfect example of what GWH seem to have included. My hope is that a set of intakes in the static state also find their way into the kit.

Andrew.

43 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yes, the picture of the Lakenheath F-15D taking off (impressive image!) is a perfect example of what GWH seem to have included. My hope is that a set of intakes in the static state also find their way into the kit.

Andrew.

Straight intakes are included. Bottom sprue,

082119lckn0rkn3n62qkbr.jpg

Mark

• Like 2

Thanks Mark! Indeed they are - embarrassingly, I looked at that photo for signs of difference, but I only saw repetition... d'oh! Given the thoroughness with which GWH have obviously approached the kit, it would have been surprising for them to have not included straight intakes.

thanks again for pointer.

Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...

My GWH F-15E turned up today from Luckymodel and the quality of moulding looks absolutely outstanding.   The finesse of the exhaust nozzles in particular are some of the best I have ever seen in injection plastic.  Nice weapon choices too.

Edited by Vultures1
Correct typo
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 5:25 PM, Phantome said:

So much better than the upcoming Academy. 

How were you able to compare the kits to each other???? :o

Do you have both kits?:nah:

Gene K

Hi 

Received mine too and that's really an outstanding kit : Meng  F-106 league or not very far from it.

Curiosity kept me thinking GWH and Academy F-15E until very lately - I have not seen the Academy kit in flesh yet but now I've seen the GWH model I can't figure how how Academy could come close.

This is not to say it will not be fine - but it looks like the Trumpeter F-106A versus Meng F-106A challenge to me - Probably to late and I don't think any longer I'll get one (though I'd be pleased to be proven wrong..)

In any way we have a great F-15E kit. 

Cheers

Eric B.

Edited by Eric B.

18 hours ago, Gene K said:

How were you able to compare the kits to each other???? :o

Do you have both kits?:nah:

Gene K

I have a time machine.

Or I could have just looked at the sprues which have been posted in this site and elsewhere and concluded the obvious since the Academy is a snap-fit, one-piece canopy, etc... #justsayin 

16 hours ago, Eric B. said:

I have not seen the Academy kit in flesh yet but now I've seen the GWH model I can't figure how how Academy could come close.

This is not to say it will not be fine - but it looks like the Trumpeter F-106A versus Meng F-106A challenge to me - Probably to late and I don't think any longer I'll get one (though I'd be pleased to be proven wrong..)

Sorry, but your opinion seems totally biased then...

5 minutes ago, sofiane1718 said:

So you need to see a kit physically in front of you before you buy it?

40 minutes ago, sofiane1718 said:

Biased, you probably are right plus probably useless, .. disregard

It is just my opinion : what else can I write. 

I just admitted I have not seen the Academy kit yet (though I have seen quite some sharp photographs of it) but I have seen the GWH kit from close.

I therefore don't think I'll get an Academy any longer though I might be proven wrong... What I just meant is that having seen the overall sharpness and details of the new GWH F-15E, I don't believe Academy will better it and I don't need to look elsewhere for a Strike Eagle in this scale. I thought I might share my observations here on BM. 

Others, including you, are free to choose differently and again yes, modelling is all about personnal choices and biases.  

Your best bet : wait till you see both kits and make your own personnal opinion..

I also used the same kind of biased approach writing elsewhere  that I will probably not buy a Trumpeter F-106A (of which I have not seen any photos at all) knowing the overall quality of the Meng F-106A I have in my stash.  

Regards

Eric B.