BoB Tiffie

Well given the last WIP thread I posted has gone sooo well (for those who didn't see I had not one but 4 models go tits up on it) I going to post another, so here it is, inspired by CedB's build I have finally go round to this one that I've been putting it off since the decals were released....

4CE31633-9BF6-491F-BD2C-9F3418CB24A5_zps

• Like 3

My son, who has an office overlooking EMA was on the phone to mum and me this morning

During her stint he dropped into the conversation "I bet dad wishes he was here now, a Typhoon has just taken off. Noisy even in here"

He's right!

And she heard it  too!

I'm in with you

3 hours ago, CedB said:

I'm in Stu :):popcorn:

I hope your canopy fits better than mine did!

Not optimistic on that, on all the ones I did before I never found the canopy fitted well, just have to see, anyway its now underway 

on a related note, just won a pair of hasegawa stands from their eurofighter kit so be nice to mount this on it once done :) 

and finally on negative front, yet another set of storm shadows, taurus, meteor and iris t's to add to the spares box.....got so many

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Well like everyone I've built the fit is awful, this time avoided the mistake that cost my last one and put the seat in before the cockpit tub was added to the fuselage, speaking of which thought it had all gone wrong, the forward side of the stbd part was well warped, fortunately gluing together fixed that. Also added the bits I always left off on previous builds, the little vents by the tail (which I didn't realise were vents prior), and the 4 little lumps on the wingtip pods, had fun with those, the carpet monster claimed all 4, but I eventually found them all. Anyway not the best kit, seen the sprues for the new tool, will be ordering one on release to see if its a much better build. 

828BBE05-9A72-4244-9F6A-82E97E2F2400_zps

• Like 2

Not worked on this much, but have put some paint on, two coats of grey and one of dark earth 

also will continue to post the build of a BoB spifire here instead of the spitfire STGB thread, makes more sense 

or rather I will if photobucket will actually load.....

• 2 weeks later...

Alarming lack of updates, don't worry this has escaped the awful attrition rate I've accumulated, I did have to strip it back as I wasn't happy with the camo, and after a saturday morning spent in front of the sink with the nail polish remover it back underway, how far I get remains to be seen for now with the mustang STGB now imminent, and indeed new projects for the MTO on their way 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...