Completed BvS Batmobile

The base is further along than what these pictures show. In fact, it's almost done. But here is what I started with. I grabbed a wood picture frame from HobbyLobby and removed the glass.

For the asphalt, I used a roll of cork, also from HobbyLobby. It was cut to size. I took some chunks out and made a few rips. Save the chunks as they can be used for debris later after painting.
vfcciw.jpg

I then marked on the backing board where the holes were. I glued RR ballast down to show under the potholes and cracks.
2aht7a1.jpg
28i6vc0.jpg

The cork was then glued down and the whole thing painted flat black. It will be weathered later.
maapnq.jpg

Next I created a sidewalk from foam core board. I drew on some lines to show the curb and expansion gaps. I took my Xacto and cut these slits. I then took a ball point pen and ran it along the cuts. This deepened the cuts and rounded them for the next step.
2quhzc2.jpg

The sidewalk section was glued in place. It was then covered in a napkin soaked in diluted white glue. This gave texture to the sidewalk and also allowed the napkin to settle down into the joints.
2qx2l8y.jpg

And finally you can see my mock up of a streetlamp in the last picture. Yes, it is lighted as well.
68r52v.jpg

I should be able to finish this all up this weekend. Thanks for following along!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...