4ft 'Occre' B type bus

Aria

IMG_1842_zps4f6w3spk.jpgbus2_zpsvkpthtyx.jpgl_zpswxh94wpx.jpgbus1_zpsy48gzbfb.jpgHi I've just joined and would like to post the progress of my scratch built bus which will end up looking very much like the Occre model. I will be fitting radio control so to keep the weight down I'm using very thin birch ply sheet on spruce stripwood rather than solid wood. I can't seem to add pictures at the moment but will do when I can!     

Edited by Aria
add pictures
  • Like 2

Welcome and what a project to start here with!

There are a group of large-scale nuts here like me and our friend Roy is a scratch builder of merit. Lots of support and a nice exchange of methods and ideas.

We also have a great build just started by Rich Frank of the Pocher 1/8 scale Volvo truck. What scale is your bus? I can see bus and truck together if we display them on a football field!

Post as soon and as often as you can.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks Codger 1/6th scale. Those gorgeous models are in a completely different league I think I'm looking at the real thing!  Anyway not much to see at the moment the next step is the chassis rails then the side windows. Where the thinness of the wood would be visible (like either side of the driver's seat) it will be thickened.        

Thanks it'll be good old fashioned sealing with thinned dope, undercoating with Humbrol matt enamels and gloss Humbrol enamels brushed on (I'm very competent!). The benches will be varnished wood. Despite it's size there's no large uninterrupted sheet area to paint, the adverts take up a lot and there's plenty of stripwood trim.  The glazing will be original Plexiglass which won't yellow over time.    

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again thanks I've made the window frames and have got to sand them before gluing in place. I'm using the Airfix model for reference and I've copied the Airfix adverts in the kit to go on my model. 

Edited by Aria

• 4 weeks later...

Basically this was just going to be a very large copy of the Occre bus model but I'm adding some basic detail of the interior as it looks very bare at this size without it. It will have the correct  'upholstered' seats as well not the bench seats. I made the curved inside corners of the panel detail by going along a strip of mahogany with a small drum sander I got from ebay and then cutting them out with a knife. I've bought a packet of 200 mushroom head mini copper rivets for the chassis.    

• 1 year later...