Tau Army - Commander Starter

That's a lot of progress given the injury - I gather concussion can be nasty - the NHS have a list of symptoms to watch out for:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Concussion/Pages/Introduction.aspx

and headaches and blurred vision both prompt a visit to A&E.

Will

• Like 1

14 hours ago, celt said:

I have friends like that as well,the knock on the head did not seem to slow you down much,impressive work.:popcorn::drink::popcorn:

12 hours ago, Will Vale said:

That's a lot of progress given the injury - I gather concussion can be nasty - the NHS have a list of symptoms to watch out for:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Concussion/Pages/Introduction.aspx

and headaches and blurred vision both prompt a visit to A&E.

Will

Cheers lads.  I had a look at the NHS website Will.  If I am honest, that sounds like me everyday really.  " a period of confusion, a blank expression, or a delay in answering questions immediately after the head injury " - Thats me generally, esp when I am at work :Plol I am fine now, I feel a lot better.  Well I made the 25 mile drive into work okay, getting home will be more fun however. :)

On the paint front, I need some paints for various bits.  Thought I would give Citadel paints a proper go, however I walked past the Games Workshop store and was too scared to go in.  Go figure... I'll happly walk into Ann Summers (lingerie) and buy stuff for my other half but I will not go into GW... yes I am that weird lads.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

I find the GW shops a bit oppressive too - the staff are apparently trained (I assume since they do it every time) to come up to people and ask "do you play our games, are you looking for X", show them stuff etc. etc. Usually they leave you alone if you say you're just browsing :) That said, they are generally run by friendly people who are very enthusiastic about the range, and take an interest if you can show pics of stuff you're working on.

I get on well with both my local stores after the initial settling-in period. Even my daughter wants to go in there if the option is available and she's pretty wary of pushy people. We both appreciate seeing the store armies and other painted stuff in their cabinets - it's much better than looking at pics on the internet to get a feel for the models.

Also congrats on your bravery vs. the knickers counter - always a strange tension between excitement and fear :P

Will

• Like 2

Hope the head's not too bad Daz?

GW staff can be a bit full on, but they're mostly kids just doing what the senior staff said was a good idea. After they realise you're actually human they usually leave you alone to mooch around to your heart's content. Or maybe I'm turning into some wierd kind of Raven Guard/beardie mutant? Stealth 4+ ? :winkgrin:

• Like 2

just bought a Tau Piranha TX4 out of couriosity last week, so I'm watching to get some inspiration. These GW-things are cool, however a bit overpriced for my taste.

Alex

• Like 1

On 13/10/2016 at 0:53 AM, Will Vale said:

Also congrats on your bravery vs. the knickers counter - always a strange tension between excitement and fear :P

That had me in fits of laughter for ages!  I showed my girlfriend and she thought it was funny also Will. If I could give you two likes I would have done!  The funny thing with me is that I went and treated my gf to some higher end lingerie, I walked in there like a boss, asked the lady for help to make sure I got the right bits, she was amazed I knew the sizes (like a boss!).  Got home, wrapped them up (this was for Christmas), gave them to my other half who said the sizes where wrong.  FFS! I said, so back we went, but the ones I had bought where not in her size any more, so she got something different.  She gets home, puts them on and... wrong size!  The week after we go back and she gets measured, typically their fitting rooms are next to the noisy rabbits to say the least.  Turns out I did infact get the right sizes after all.. moral of the story, never tell a modeller he has got the size wrong! :P

I don't really know what I am scared about really, I guess being British we dont like being approached about money, it's the whole tipping thing in America.  You want a tip, you bloody earn it!  I do actually go to Wayland Games as it's near me and apparently it is the biggest gaming shop in Europe.  Well it is inside a warehouse!  Really good place, frendly staff who like their hobby.  They love the painting I do for stuff, but I never get any credit on their facebook page... ggrr!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates lads, I have been feeling ill the last few days.  Nothing to do with my noggin tho.  I have painted the Space Marine a bit.  I have decided to go with a Sergent tho.

29687418173_b6a2ee790a_b.jpg

I need to touch up a few bits, and get the detail painting done.  I am not impressed with the Citadel paints really, esp the white.

More to come soon (hopefully)...

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you celt.

I'm not having a good few weeks... I should rename this the "Injury Diaries".  I went to my parents last week to help with cutting down the trees... yeah, I've busted my back in now.  I'm feeling better now but I still get a twitch every now and then.  Think I am going to have to see a doctor about this one :(

So I had my first game on Sunday without knowing the rules.  I drew the first and completely lost the second, I was fighting Eldar in a city so not really playing to the Tau's strengths.  Hopefully I can get some work on this done soon.  The Space Marine is done tho :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz