7.62cm FK36(r)auf PzJgr Selbstfahrlafette Zugkraftwagen 5t 'Diana' (Sd.Kfz.6/3)

Just rolls off the tongue doesn't it - no wonder it's known as Diana.

P1010564_zpszfzu4bn1.jpg

Stages 1 and 2 - doing pretty well so far, only managed to lose 2 bits and replaced them, which is good going for a Bronco kit, so many small bits 

P1010565_zpsbajh6mdr.jpg

P1010566_zpsufoe3ahf.jpg

Then on with stage 3 - the main interlocked wheels, actually going together well so far

P1010567_zps0fbm4eb8.jpg

Peter

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing how this comes together, always liked 'Desert' stuff. Busy with their 25 pdr Bishop on this GB, got nowt done this week though. Keep at it, I'm sure its as complex as my build!

Davey.

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

Looks good.  That short trail is unusual (to me), do Bronco give any idea how this was supposed to have been used?

Simple answer - yes.

It's a Russian 76.2mm Field gun the germans rechambered to their PAK 36 ammo, then chopped the trail off and fitted it onto the rear bed of some obsolete half tracks. It was bolted in place in the back with limited traverse with locks for the wheels.

Peter

• Like 2

Today's work - first a coat of Mr Color red primer colour over everything, followed by a couple of coats of hairspray ready for chipping

P1010590_zpsx4oez3ea.jpg

P1010591_zpsnlojemrm.jpg

Then a coat of sand over the top

P1010592_zpsup2ljdot.jpg

P1010593_zpsaxkib2h6.jpg

Then the sandgrau cammo - it may respray this with a slightly darker colour later, depends how it looks after the filters. Just hold it all together to take some photos

P1010594_zps6vq8ok40.jpg

P1010595_zpsuzitxgoo.jpg

Peter

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Good progress Peter

May I ask, why grey primer first?  I'd have been tempted to go straight for the red.

Simple the red is simply paint rather than primer, I don't have any Red oxide primer atm, and really wanted primer on before all the layers

• Like 1