Tornado GR1 advice colors

ModellerUK

Hi all my latest build is a Tornado GR1 in camo scheme, now I havent built aircraft in years and used to use enamel paints but I have heard great things about Xtracrylic paints, which are the 'correct' (if any)/ most accurate colours for the cockpit and the paint scheme, also any wheel bays etc

Dark Grey/green camo? The xtracrylixs you need are RAF Dark Sea Grey and Green, will need US Light compass Grey for the sidewinder missles,

also if your fitting the ALARM missiles they be painted RAF Light Aircraft Grey, and if fitting the bombs they be painted British Deep Bronze Green. As for the colours of the wheel bays and cockpit, won't find them in the Xtracrlylix range, but will find decent matches off the shelf from the likes of humbrol and others 

55 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Dark Grey/green camo? The xtracrylixs you need are RAF Dark Sea Grey and Green, will need US Light compass Grey for the sidewinder missles,

also if your fitting the ALARM missiles they be painted RAF Light Aircraft Grey, and if fitting the bombs they be painted British Deep Bronze Green. As for the colours of the wheel bays and cockpit, won't find them in the Xtracrlylix range, but will find decent matches off the shelf from the likes of humbrol and others 

Sorry yes the Grey/green scheme and brilliant thanks, any recomendations for the cockpit/wheelbays etc

Never seen a green cockpit floor in any RAF Tonka of any mark. They were always covered in thick black rubber which was glued to the floor when I worked on them !!!

Happy days

Scoots

• Like 2

Like Scoots I've never seen a Green floor in a Tonka cockpit in real life and I've been in plenty, although I've seen some pictures that do show it. How that came about I don't know?

The whole tub is painted Dark Admiralty Grey with Black rubber inserts where the crews feet would be.  DAG isn't available in the Xtracrylix range but FS16231 Dark Gull Grey is and is very close. The seats are painted Dark Sea Grey.  

All the colours are available in the Xtracolor(enamel) range