Navy-ation - Wasp The last post

perdu

Sense it makes certainly, but it is becoming very horrible to browse the site if I want to be able to join in

I hope something is done soon, just reading today I've had to log in four times

Anyway, the Wopse.

I've repainted the tail boom and added a few drops of RAF BG to the hinges on the pylon

I'm off to search images for the new choice white lettering now, later guys. :(

Edited by perdu
syntax and punctuation
  • Like 1

I use Google Chrome and have had no issues being asked to log in over and over. Every time I click on my link I go straight to the forum, signed in as always.

Ian

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, perdu said:

P1120289.jpg

I am now all caught up after a week away from this build, I must say that rotor head above is looking quite splendiferous, although the gearbox looks a bit oversized, wrong shape as well as wrong colour, so glad you sorted that out! Sad to hear about those decal problems, hopefully it'll be a mere trifle to sort. All this going on here is almost reinvigorating my 48th Wapse build from a year or two ago.........no that's a big porky, that one can stay on the shelf of doom for another length of time!

Keep up the smashing work!

Bob

• Like 1

Oh dear Bob I thought that a hiviz red would work niceley for a small jelishopper, oh well back to the D.B.

Dave I have been fiddling with  all sorts of devices inside the browser to try to correct this, just seen that one tickbox had been changed (?) to "forget everything when closing down" I hope unticking that will let me get sorted out

But I can't understand why that would affect the tablets too, they just sip from the wi-fi dont they?

I didn't think they needed access through the computer to get online, I thought it was the browser as did that

Oh well another day another worry

Just discovered that the Modeldecals/extradecals white lettering  sheets I have in reserve don't have 12" ROYAL NAVY on them so I've been off to Hannants website this afternoon

I might start playing with the Matchbox Buccaneer S2 with a view to 'small intakeing' it soon whilst I wait 'im'patiently

• Like 1

8 hours ago, limeypilot said:

I use Google Chrome and have had no issues being asked to log in over and over. Every time I click on my link I go straight to the forum, signed in as always.

Ian

Ditto.

What browser are you using Bill? If its Chrome are you on the latest version?

Keith

Keith mate I am on Firefox on my PC and using AVG I have no doubt that is working correctly and the AVG keeps me safe

On my tablets I am using Chrome or a generic browser (old fashioned Google maybe on one of them) and the built in browser on the Fire  Tablet

All have anti virus protection

I've been through all the caches and 'switches' in them, all four devices

This is not happening at my end hence it seems that elsewhere there may be dragons

:(

It's a shame because I do like BM

That's weird, I also sign in at work between flights and they have Firefox on one of the computers. That has also given me no problems....unless of course you're pioneering this for us and we'll get them soon!

Ian

• Like 2

I have this constantly having to log in issue from time to time but then it goes away after a few days and the site behaves properly for months afterwards.

Martian

• Like 1

I'm desperately hoping this is a similar issue Martian, I don't believe "they've all got it infamy"

The Wasp of course is still awaiting white decals arrival, whenever the Big H gets them in the post

Have identified a few suitable mixed markings machines too, it's true, hey were far 'brighter' in service at changeover times

Still hoping for normal service when the twelve inchers arrive

• Like 2

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Still hoping for normal service when the twelve inchers arrive

Fnar, fnar! Come on Ced you're slipping!

Martian von Double Entendre

• Like 2

He must be  ill

:(

I wonder if he's a grapes and flowers invalid or 'boxachocklits please' ?

if you are feeling low Ced there's a box of virtual Quality Street on its way  :)

While I have been waiting for H to post me a present I have been redoing the Clear on the empennage and giving an actual try out to my home brewed red/white tail danger marks

Here are DAN and GER, quite obviously not talking to each other

P1120325.jpg

I must get them reunited soon....     .....    .....

Oh well they are not supposed to be together on this machine are they?

So

P1120324.jpg

The old virtual jointing game

This is the folded into itself side, I will wait til later and do the serials, ROYAL NAVY letters and DAN markings all at once later

'wiedersehn

Edited by perdu
?
  • Like 11

I'm fine thanks guys :) Thanks for the virtual Quality Street Bill

I missed the Dbl-E as I thought you were just waiting for your model club to turn up... Me? I'm not cutting mine in half for anyone (fnaar fnaar!)

• Like 1

"The Twelve Inches"? A virtual modelling community?

Sounds more than a bit dodgy to me Ced,how about calling it The Virtual Seventy Second Club?

For full and proper avoidance of doubt

🚁

The twelve inches to which I referred m'lud are the twelve inch ROYAL NAVY plackards for the fuselage tail sides

On the Westland Wasp that I am slowly drawing kicking and screaming out of the Airfix Westland Scout

M'lud

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1

This new information enlightens the bench,

putting things on a whole new footing.

Sentencing will be decided after the

accused has submitted to psychiatric study.

Take him down....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

This new information enlightens the bench,

putting things on a whole new footing.

Sentencing will be decided after the

accused has submitted to psychiatric study.

Take him down....

A pretty grim lookout for the entire BM massive then and as for Mike, he will be doing several life stretches back to back!

Martian Planning his escape tunnel now

• Like 3

When you scoot out Martian can I hide in your boot please?

You can let me out when we're outside the fence

Big H delivered, so more to come soon

Watch that space...

There's stars inside there.............

• Like 4

1 minute ago, perdu said:

When you scoot out Martian can I hide in your boot please?

You can let me out when we're outside the fence

Well, its up to you but I won't be stopping until I am safely back on Planet Wibble.

Martian on the Loose

• Like 2

Just now, perdu said:

The way things are lately that might just suit

There or Poole will do

:)

Nah, Poole is far too mad for my liking!

Martian

• Like 1

Pity really I might have made an early dash to Le Mans, beat the inevitable rush

I used P***e (wot Martian isn't keen on) last year for the first time, nice ferry port with no massive queues

Blooming Newhaven this year, but I do get a nice bed to kip in this time to while away the time...

White ROYAL NAVY in two sizes and four positions on and Im trying not to panic whilst  SOL does its evil alchemy

No pictures yetawhile.let's see what the morrow brings huh

• Like 3