UK Stores colour listing colour 33B/1527

Dave Fleming

I've just asked a mate who might have access to an AP1086, thats the Stores Vocab. unless its been changed to the AP100 series  Waiting for him to get back to me.

BTW That's a Section/Reference Number. The manufacturer's Part number is converted to a Sect/Ref to make it easier to index the whole RAF stores system and integrate things without any repeats of different manufacturer's own part Nos.

The Section 30 to about 34 are paints, adhesives, sealants, Petrol,oils and lubricants type. POL for short.

Section 28 is roughly Nuts,bolts .

The VC10's Section was 26VC/............You wouldn't get any VC10 bits or any other specific aircraft parts in a 1086...But Aden Cannon shells are in it !

We demanded (RAF speak for ordered) shark repellent and hand grenades when we were bored once! We didn't get them though.

Edited by bzn20

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:31 PM, bzn20 said:

I've just asked a mate who might have access to an AP1086, thats the Stores Vocab. unless its been changed to the AP100 series  Waiting for him to get back to me.

BTW That's a Section/Reference Number. The manufacturer's Part number is converted to a Sect/Ref to make it easier to index the whole RAF stores system and integrate things without any repeats of different manufacturer's own part Nos.

The Section 30 to about 34 are paints, adhesives, sealants, Petrol,oils and lubricants type. POL for short.

Section 28 is roughly Nuts,bolts .

The VC10's Section was 26VC/............You wouldn't get any VC10 bits or any other specific aircraft parts in a 1086...But Aden Cannon shells are in it !

We demanded (RAF speak for ordered) shark repellent and hand grenades when we were bored once! We didn't get them though.

A mate once tried demanding Knickers Blue PT WRAF - odd sort of chap.

I made the mistake of putting a 99 instead of a 14 in the country block of a NATO number and got two very expensive bits of Tornado turn up - incredibly the first 4 and last 7 were identical - just the country code different !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never forget some things. In 20 odd years never used a NATO Stock No though!

Sect/Ref Numbers have gone? Can't believe that.

Ever get the feeling they're trying not to tell you Dave?

They know but have decided to keep it in the club...

C'mon guys the man only wants to know a paint colour, next thing we know some stores wallah will dump three Jaguar GR1A Spoilers (port) on his door step and clear a twenty year old discrepancy

Sorry Dave I haven't a clue  :(

Edited by perdu

I remember the VC10 going on the Micro Fiche in the early 70s. Gimme a book any day of the week. Can't carry a Fiche reader to the kite and print offs were naff. Fiche glass flap falling off, blokes getting a monk on with it. The 1086 on Fiche was ideal though.

On that Paint colour ,haven't a clue and  the RAF have deleted Sect/Ref numbers there must be a conversion book somewhere to get the old number to new and viky verky.

I wouldn't know anything about that though.

Sorry Its a dead end with me.

• 5 years later...
On 9/19/2016 at 6:52 PM, bzn20 said:

Never forget some things. In 20 odd years never used a NATO Stock No though!

Sect/Ref Numbers have gone? Can't believe that.

Never used an NSN......

6135-99-1956708   Walkman Batteries

6135-99-9101101   Boogie Box - Big Torch Batteries

Surely they were a given...........

• Haha 2

On 9/19/2016 at 6:43 PM, xvtonker said:

Yes, and still is. The US is 01. Section & reference numbers are long gone, they are now NATO Stock or National Stock numbers

XVTonker

00 & 01 Nation Code for the USA

2 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

Never used an NSN......

6135-99-1956708   Walkman Batteries

6135-99-9101101   Boogie Box - Big Torch Batteries

Surely they were a given...........

HaHa, yes the classic. The big difference between a "supplier" and a "storeman".

You blokes in 19(F) stores were good eggs. I seem to remember battle flight used to go through an awful lot of 35mm camera film too!

On 2/6/2022 at 12:04 AM, Phone Phixer said:

HaHa, yes the classic. The big difference between a "supplier" and a "storeman".

You blokes in 19(F) stores were good eggs. I seem to remember battle flight used to go through an awful lot of 35mm camera film too!

Yep, the old 'Battle Flight Film' trick, once I had identified, by use of the Hereforder 12 x 330ml bottle handbag, the on station Photographic Development Shop......i.e. Adrian Mole and the Air Photogs, a lot of my photo's 88/89 were courtesy of Agfa.....  😉

To be fair, 19(F) was a really good Sqn, certainly the best of the many I worked on.  We 'had each others backs' as they say nowadays.  Work hard, drink hard, play hard, good times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2016 at 3:44 PM, tweeky said:

Who remember the 1086 ? on Fich

We Demanded  Shark Repellant and Aden Cannon Shells for a Hunter we found listed in the RAF AP1086 Store's Vocab.. Only we were at Brize and no chance of getting them  delivered . We did manage to get some Shammy (Chamoise, spelling ? )  Leathers once , ..

RAF Storemen we called Grippers ,never let go of anything .

Still got a head full of really usefull Sect /Refs from VC10 and Belfast  Role Equipment end of Feb 1972 , blimey , 50 ..... FIFTY years ago next week , Holy Cow ! Left in Sept 1992 

26VC/1430860 Starboard PSU ,

26VC/1430861 Port PSU  . That's the VC10 Passenger Service Unit for lights , blowers ( Punkah Louvres)  , getting the Coffee Jockey's attention and 3 Oxy masks container ,no smoking and fasten seat belts signs !