Duxford Fighters Airshow 2016

sunray

Very cool images indeed!

Still haven't had a proper look through my shots from the Sunday, yet, but this has inspired me to dig them up. It was very good light that day, wasn't it?

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.  

• Like 1

Thanks Steve.

3 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Very cool images indeed!

Still haven't had a proper look through my shots from the Sunday, yet, but this has inspired me to dig them up. It was very good light that day, wasn't it?

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.  

Thanks Chris.  Did you go on the Saturday in the rain?  I have been to Duxford loads of times but Sunday has got to rank as one of the best.  It was just a perfect day.  I met "Johnny Johnson (ex-617 Dambuster) and had a tour around the "Sally B" which is definitely recommended.  Chris are you going to post some of your photo's up?  If you want to see more of Duxford here is the link to my flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/ecirpnai/albums/72157672658600932 I hope you don't find them too boring?

Thank you for posting that lovely photo of WB569: she was my favourite when on the strength of 1AEF at Manston in the mid-seventies.  I'd always fly in her given the chance.  The retro paint scheme's a nice surprise too: my first annual camp in the CCF was at Cranwell.

• Like 1

In response to sunray's post above....

Luckily, I hadn't booked to go on the Saturday, but I felt sorry for anyone who did - it can't have been much fun. I hope they enjoyed the aircraft that did get to fly.

I've just had a look at sunray's photos - they constitute a great record of the airshow and are a credit to his skills. I always think that I've taken some decent images on the day and then I see the efforts of other photographers and feel pretty humble as a result. 

Cheers.

Chris.   

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...