Hawker Tempest , Indian Air Force

Basuroy

Hello folks , this is the special hobby kit finished in Indian Air Force colours . When the British quit the land for good (1947) , we inherited about 100 each Tempest and Spitfires from the Brits and operated both types for up to 5 years first as front line fighter and later as trainer after we acquired the Vampires and Ouragans . 

This is I believe one of the older special hobby kit and it proved to be a very frustrating build , the resin wheel well especially required machine tool to sand it down ! This was my first mixed media model built last year and it has everything - PE , resin( including the cowling nose ) and vacuform canopy . The black trimmings were airbrushed and the aluminium was brush painted with Gunze Metal colour before being sealed with a matte coat - these things were painted in Aluminium paint and not actual natural metal so they were not very shiny . I have also added a photo clicked in 2015 at the Delhi Air force museum of the real thing . 

Ps: I tried to improvise and improve my photography to remove background clutter , as such I would appreciate what improvements I can do to improve the photo further ? 

WP_20160915_17_15_18_Pro_zpst73dgtyr.jpg

WP_20160915_17_14_53_Pro_zpssinc3qqx.jpg

WP_20160915_17_16_46_Pro_zps29bzzaia.jpg

WP_20160915_17_17_32_Pro_zpskmxzvxrz.jpg

WP_20160915_17_15_32_Pro_zpspvvfqgpb.jpgWP_20150304_13_18_30_Pro_zpsasrfxzak.jpg

Thank you for checking out :D

• Like 12