Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
Mike

version 4
How do I post Pictures?

89 posts in this topic

MwahhhaaahhhAAAAARRR!!!

cd6b9d7d-047c-4825-8dd2-0d57c2746953.JPG

df83b22d-518f-4830-ad5a-a13ab9f4e52e.JPG

Blimey -still quite hefty, aren't they...I re-sized them to 900xsomething too (via PhotoScape).

In the spirit of scientific enquiry, let us try the same method with My Friend Flickr...

2017-05-22_12-12-02

Woo-hoo! (OK, I'll stop now. Promise.)

Posted (edited)

I have switched from Photobucket to Flickr and am unable to download a picture.  I am pasting my link into Insert other media as per Photobucket but it is not happening?  I am obviously missing something simple here - any advice anyone? 

Andrew. 

Edited by Bear Paw

Posted (edited)

Like others, I have moved from Photobucket to Flickr & Postimage.

Now to see if Postimage works.

Larry

P1030282.jpg

P1030282.jpg

Well, both methods work, I will use the easier "Direct Link" from now on.

spook2

Edited by ReccePhreak
Added info

Apparently you can now only embed from Photobucket if you have a "premium" subscription, hence all theae photoless posts that are popping up.

Posted (edited)

Am I being unintentionally thick here?  I use Photo bucket, and have not had problems posting images.  However, this time, I copy the link, but on the Britmodeller page the only option I get when I click on the link icon in the editor is to paste the link.  This just puts a link on the page, meaning you guys have to be bothered to click on it to see what I am on about.  Previously there was an insert image option with square brackets.  I cannot find this, and if I cannot post pics, fail to see what they can bring to the party.

Edited by depressed lemur

All you do is paste the link (direct) into the post, and the forum software automatically detects that it's an image, and converts it to one... that said, with Photobucket disappearing up its own fundament and trying to extract large sums of cash out of its users, it might be wise to find another provider :S

Thanks Mike,  I should have seen the gripes about Photobucket from other members.  I will try Flickr to see if that works.  Hopefully I can then edit my post to sear the eyes of any one looking at my work.

Just post back if you're having troubles.  If a Mod isn't around to help you, the members will pitch in :)

Posted (edited)

Still having problems.

Copy the link as per instructions,

Control V (paste) into the edit box results in :-

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/342906959118965851/

insert link results in:-

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/342906959118965851/

insert other media - Insert image from URL

Turns pink and does nothing if from Photobucket

Does nothing from Flickr or Pinterest.

I am running from a tablet using Windows RT, don't know if this is the problem. 

Quick update. 

This may sound really strange, but this is what I found this morning.

1) I managed to get some photos uploaded to Flickr

2) I could not upload unless I use the "old" system, the "new" system just times out

3) If I copy the link and try pasting into insert media, nothing happens

4) If I copy the link and post into the text, nothing happens

5) If I copy the text from my address bar instead

WP_20170605_21_41_20_Pro

How weird is that?

Edited by depressed lemur
success

Failed photo post from village photo

Edited by Clogged
error with photo posting

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday, I uploaded some photos to Village Photos ok, but when I tried to link them to my WIP here, all I got was the url. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the new photos, but when I tried to link a photo that was already in the wip, same result. I had this happen with the very first wip that I did back in September last year, and it was never resolved, but since then everything has been fine until now. I believe that the photos that are already in the wip are still there, but new ones won't link. I get a box come up telling me that there was no image to link!! Any ideas as to whether this is a problem on BM or VP's? I really don't want to start hunting around for another hosting site as VP's has been good up until now.

Reading another post made me think of something else. I'm still using the old system here on BM (I know, I'm a dinosaur), so would that have anything to do with it?

John.

Edited by Bullbasket
Thought of something else.

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday, I uploaded some photos to Village Photos ok, but when I tried to link them to my WIP here, all I got was the url. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the new photos, but when I tried to link a photo that was already in the wip, same result. I had this happen with the very first wip that I did back in September last year, and it was never resolved, but since then everything has been fine until now. I believe that the photos that are already in the wip are still there, but new ones won't link. I get a box come up telling me that there was no image to link!! Any ideas as to whether this is a problem on BM or VP's? I really don't want to start hunting around for another hosting site as VP's has been good up until now.

Reading another post made me think of something else. I'm still using the old system here on BM (I know, I'm a dinosaur), so would that have anything to do with it?

John.

I am having the same problem, I even tried a different computer at work this morning with the same results as what you are having. Not sure where the problem lies though.