How do I post Pictures?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I have switched from Photobucket to Flickr and am unable to download a picture.  I am pasting my link into Insert other media as per Photobucket but it is not happening?  I am obviously missing something simple here - any advice anyone? 

Andrew. 

Edited by Bear Paw

• 5 weeks later...

Like others, I have moved from Photobucket to Flickr & Postimage.

Now to see if Postimage works.

Larry

P1030282.jpg

P1030282.jpg

Well, both methods work, I will use the easier "Direct Link" from now on.

spook2

Edited by ReccePhreak
Added info

Am I being unintentionally thick here?  I use Photo bucket, and have not had problems posting images.  However, this time, I copy the link, but on the Britmodeller page the only option I get when I click on the link icon in the editor is to paste the link.  This just puts a link on the page, meaning you guys have to be bothered to click on it to see what I am on about.  Previously there was an insert image option with square brackets.  I cannot find this, and if I cannot post pics, fail to see what they can bring to the party.

Edited by depressed lemur

All you do is paste the link (direct) into the post, and the forum software automatically detects that it's an image, and converts it to one... that said, with Photobucket disappearing up its own fundament and trying to extract large sums of cash out of its users, it might be wise to find another provider :S

Still having problems.

Copy the link as per instructions,

Control V (paste) into the edit box results in :-

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/342906959118965851/

insert link results in:-

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/342906959118965851/

insert other media - Insert image from URL

Turns pink and does nothing if from Photobucket

Does nothing from Flickr or Pinterest.

I am running from a tablet using Windows RT, don't know if this is the problem. 

Quick update. 

This may sound really strange, but this is what I found this morning.

1) I managed to get some photos uploaded to Flickr

2) I could not upload unless I use the "old" system, the "new" system just times out

3) If I copy the link and try pasting into insert media, nothing happens

4) If I copy the link and post into the text, nothing happens

5) If I copy the text from my address bar instead

WP_20170605_21_41_20_Pro

How weird is that?

Edited by depressed lemur
success

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday, I uploaded some photos to Village Photos ok, but when I tried to link them to my WIP here, all I got was the url. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the new photos, but when I tried to link a photo that was already in the wip, same result. I had this happen with the very first wip that I did back in September last year, and it was never resolved, but since then everything has been fine until now. I believe that the photos that are already in the wip are still there, but new ones won't link. I get a box come up telling me that there was no image to link!! Any ideas as to whether this is a problem on BM or VP's? I really don't want to start hunting around for another hosting site as VP's has been good up until now.

Reading another post made me think of something else. I'm still using the old system here on BM (I know, I'm a dinosaur), so would that have anything to do with it?

John.

Edited by Bullbasket
Thought of something else.

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday, I uploaded some photos to Village Photos ok, but when I tried to link them to my WIP here, all I got was the url. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the new photos, but when I tried to link a photo that was already in the wip, same result. I had this happen with the very first wip that I did back in September last year, and it was never resolved, but since then everything has been fine until now. I believe that the photos that are already in the wip are still there, but new ones won't link. I get a box come up telling me that there was no image to link!! Any ideas as to whether this is a problem on BM or VP's? I really don't want to start hunting around for another hosting site as VP's has been good up until now.

Reading another post made me think of something else. I'm still using the old system here on BM (I know, I'm a dinosaur), so would that have anything to do with it?

John.

I am having the same problem, I even tried a different computer at work this morning with the same results as what you are having. Not sure where the problem lies though.

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, twinpin said:

my pics on desktop how to post from there ?

You'll have to use some form of photo hosting service to be able to share them with the folks.  Village Photos seems to be a new favourite after the Photobucket debacle, unless your internet service provider gives you some webspace? :shrug:

On 20/07/2017 at 10:10, Jabba said:

I am having the same problem, I even tried a different computer at work this morning with the same results as what you are having. Not sure where the problem lies though.

The problem lies with the URLs not being of the standard format .com or .co.uk and so forth.  Often they're http://village.photos and some gibberish, which confuses the automatic system.  Instead, link them via the Insert Other Media > Insert Image from URL, which instructs the system that this is DEFINITELY a picture URL. :)

I.m still trying to work out Flickr. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, I insert the url and the box just turns red.

John

I think that I have just managed to post and also delete this picture, then restored it again. However if I click on it, it opens up my Flickr page. How can I prevent this?

Transparency0014

Transparency0017

On 8/16/2017 at 8:52 AM, John Aero said:

I.m still trying to work out Flickr. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, I insert the url and the box just turns red.

John

I think that I have just managed to post and also delete this picture, then restored it again. However if I click on it, it opens up my Flickr page. How can I prevent this?

Transparency0014

Hi John, I just recently moved to Flikr. I select the arrow icon at top left of home page, select chose photos from the list of two prompts then select the photo. It then asks upload this photo with changes, click yes. I then click onto the photo I want to share, then click the arrow button on top right again and the URL comes up. Select that, drag to select all the URL to highlight that and click copy. Switch across to britmodeller the hit paste. It has always appeared no probs. Is this the way you have been doing it?

Valkyrie

Thanks for your post. However the problem appears to be Flickr as there is no help system that I can get to work. I only want my photos to be seen on specific threads on this and other selected Forums and not accessible on any public view on Flickr. The main problems are that it lets me upload a photo then will not let me move it out of Photostream. On the occasions I can click on them. the url is a long one and will not work on 'insert other media then on another time it gives a short url which works. Photobucket was a dream compared to this nightmare.

John

John, click on one of the pictures in Flickr photostream. It will open on a mostly black background page. To the lower right of the image there is an arrow icon. The arrow is pointing upward and to the right. Click on this icon. A white window will open with the URL in a bar. The top lines of script will say:

Share 1 photo to:

Share Embed Email BBCode

Below that is the URL code. Here you have to make a choice of format. Most forums use either the " EMBED " option or the " BBCode " option.
For this forum, use EMBED.

Right click onto the URL and choose " COPY ".

Come back to the forum and paste that into the reply box. Type whatever wording into the reply and click " SAVE ".

Now you're done like dinner.

Texanx

Chris

Chris

Thank you for the reply. This is much of what I've been doing. I have photos also stuck in limbo which if I click on them Flikr just wants to alter (position) them and if you click save they just go back to the limbo position. I have gathered that if you make them private that's when the long useless url appears, which when pasted in does nothing except turn pink.  I noticed that I just clicked on your picture and it opened all your photos which is not on. Any one know how this can be stopped. This couldn't happen in Photobucket. I simply want to be able to keep my stuff totally private and post relevant stuff for the guys here and at Key Forums, the only sites I visit.

Anyone know what advantages there are in Flickr Pro?

Thanks again.

John

Transparency0023

I don't know if this helps but in photostream left click on the picture. The picture appears on a black background and at the bottom, there is a downward pointing arrow. Left click and another window opens asking you to select size. Left click on 'view all sizes', decide how big you want it then right click, select 'copy image' then paste on the forum page.  36362151691_f7b30c288b_c.jpg

Not posted anything for a while, and given that Photobucket seems to be having some issues, I tested it out - and seems to work just fine? I've seen a lot of threads where the pictures have gone - but my historic pictures are all still here, and I am not using a paid for account  or anything. I just did what I normally do; clicked the share button on picture, copied the direct link, pasted it using the insert media function - and voila. Am I missing something here?

IMG_20170204_174652.jpg