1/72 Kovozávody Prostejov Piper L-4 (General Patton)

Hello,

here's my rendition of Kovozávody Prostejov's Piper L-4, dressed as General Patton's personal aircraft in France, 1944.

Having recently built their new Mustang and Lavochkin La-5, I was suprised by the rough nature of this kit.

It's a typical short-run affair with heavy sprue gates that extend onto the kit's parts, some oversized parts and poor fit, especially around the glasshouse and nose section.

The wheels are a joke.

They should be round - well, you know what wheels should look like.

The items in the KoPro kit suffer from offset moulding and look horrible.

Because of their relatively small size no replacements were found in my wheel spares, so I took the task of sanding them to shape as good as I could.

The decals aren't the best either, they are relatively thick and have a strong carrier film that remained visible even after I've coated with Alclad Gloss. Plus, the Blue of the US Stars is too bright. Because of the small size on the fuselage, no replacements could be sourced from the decal spares box.

To bring this kit up to modern standards you will need to invest a lot of time, effort and patience.

I added the boarding steps from scratch.

The model was painted with Mr.Hobby acrylics.

I'm not very happy how this little model turned out, but on the other hand I'm grateful to KoPro for releasing a kit of this important military and civilian airplane.

With best wishes from Vienna, have a good day!

All pictures taken by Mr. Wolfgang Rabel of IGM Cars & Bikes.

a_DSC0623_zpszg8ykil5.jpga_DSC0625_zpsxbapp7nd.jpga_DSC0628_zps1vasozz2.jpga_DSC0629_zpsbhdbnp3m.jpga_DSC0630_zpsymokuytr.jpga_DSC0631_zpsjxl6130q.jpga_DSC0632_zpsdxxi6z8j.jpga_DSC0633_zpswmtzrpqb.jpga_DSC0634_zpsfnszfmnm.jpga_DSC0638_zps1e6thiba.jpga_DSC0642_zps4pvhcdjw.jpga_DSC0645_zpsbrotfrn7.jpga_DSC0646_zps3uuqat7b.jpga_DSC0648_zpscfywbtre.jpga_DSC0650_zps2uf8hoy2.jpga_DSC0651_zpswwgrv3xj.jpga_DSC0654_zps6zook8ah.jpg

• Like 17

Hi Roman:

Congratulations for this bird!!

I have seen the pictures and really find the results wonderful as with the other finished builds you have shared here, but this one of this tiny kit that has a huge lot of troubles  and need adjustments here and there, is a very commendable. The result of the build is a fantastic one to shine into your finished models cabinet, here there are a tru sample of workmanship exhibited. I have three or four in the stash,  included one part built I bought more for the cry of  the kit when I watched her than for not having the kit, and of them have a float landig gear example...wish to have time to  build one and test if at least i get a 40% of the wonderful build you presented here, for sure  I will be more than happy!!!

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers from Guatemala!!!

Luis Alfonso