WWI German paint question

Bob Henry

I have a question about the paint color for the German WWI aircraft. It is in relation to the Mauve, ( or Purple, or Lavender ) color. I would like to know what Vallejo colors can be used to come close to this color. I happen to be travelling and I will be located next to a good local hobby store for the next day or so and I would like to purchase the Vallejo paint that could be mixed together to come close. Does anyone have any ideas ? Thanks. Bob H.

Hopeful someone with hands on experience will give better info, but I can give a suggestion based on what can be seen digitally on the internet.

Two bottles I'd choose, mostly pink with a bit of the bluish tint mixed in. Possibly some white to lighten the overall appearance.

29668024835_905b22c654_b.jpg

regards,

Jack

Thanks for the info. I will grab a bottle of the Royal Purple. I do have some of the Vallejo Red and Vallejo White to mix in if needed. Maybe I can use the kit supplied lozenge decal as a guide. If there is a good internet source of a color chip that would also be a good reference. Bob H.

Is it the mauve/green camou pattern you are after?

No original sample is known to be in existence, according to this (linked quote from Mark Miller):

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=104762&page=1

Windsock Datafiles has listed a variety of Methuen codes for this purple,lilac/mauve shade:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?25339-Color-German-Green-amp-Lilac-Mauve&s=57b4bcb8ac5409279d52ad0d9eaf4269

regards,

Jack