Boeing/SAAB T-X unveiled

Slater

It has stadium seating! Wow, and there's probably room for a burger concession as well.

Note that while it has Boeing logos on either side of the nose, somebody seems to have forgotten to stick the Saab logo on.

And can't they come up with a name or even a number for it? The Boeing T-X (oh, no Saab?).

T-X is the competition. Allocating numbers (and indeed names) is not in Boeing's remit, but up to the DoD/Pentagon (or any passing badly-briefed politician) and will no doubt come when and if flying examples appear. Northrop had their knuckles rapped for calling the YF-23 the Black Widow.

Looks like the offspring of a one night stand between Gripen and Hornet.

Cheers,

Bill

I was trying to figure what it was it looked like and you have hit the nail right on there.

It'll b e interesting if it get's picked, as I imagine Saab will want to use it to replace it's Saab 105s too - as they're getting pretty old now and Flygvapnet like to use indigenous designs which this technically is I guess? I also imagine it'll win because Lockheed have won more tenders and we all know the US like to make sure their own companies are getting their share of the wealth...

On 14 September 2016 at 10:51 PM, Navy Bird said:

Looks like the offspring of a one night stand between Gripen and Hornet.

Cheers,

Bill

Or the offspring from a long-term, monogamous relationship? Vote 1 for traditional values! 🙃