Gunze Mr. Hobby Aqueous

Texan76

Mr. Hobby Aqueous is not available in the USA. I hear how it is comparable to the quality of Tamiya paints. Unfortunately, Tamiyas range is lacking of colors. Mr Hobby has a great range, plus almost all model kit paint instructions are in Mr Hobby color references. I would really like to get the range of these paints.

Can anyone here recommend a place online where I can purchase these and get it shipped to USA? Someone told me to check luckymodel, but they are always out of stock. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Air-Craft.net also carries the aqueous range and though I have compared prices to BNA, they are very nicely priced.

From what I have read online, Tamiya X-20A does not work well with Mr. Hobby Aqueous, though I haven't personally tried it.

I've used Tamiya & Gunze acrylics for 30 years - 90-percent alcohol / isopropyl alcohol works perfectly well. I never went back to Tamiya's wildly overpriced solvent.

I routinely mix GS & Tamiya without problems.

For the price of a liter of X-20 you could buy an excellent aged single malt whisky.

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Moggy said:

For the price of a litre of X-20 you could buy an excellent aged single malt whisky.

Sounds interesting - so how does the Whisky act as a Gunze / Tamiya Thinner?? :P

Cheers and Merry Chrimbo! .. Dave

• Haha 1

On 2017-12-07 at 23:26, Rabbit Leader said:

Sounds interesting - so how does the Whisky act as a Gunze / Tamiya Thinner?? :P

Cheers and Merry Chrimbo! .. Dave

I've never tried...

However, once the isopropyl alcohol ran out on a Sunday, First I swore... then I remembered somebody gave me a bottle of vodka as a present. I don't like vodka - and this was cheap Polish vodka to boot :P

So I used it as solvent in an experiment... and it worked! :D

The models in question smelled funny for some time - but it worked.

So now you know what to do with cheap Polish vodka. :dalek1:

Cheers, Moggy

• Haha 1