What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

My dad had the hots for the Princess when I was a kid.  He was driving a Maxi at the time, so I think we can forgive him :)

I've been wanting a 928 since Mike & Edd did one up on Wheeler Dealers.  That bonnet is just rammed with engine, and it still looks sleek and relatively modern :Tasty:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nigel Bunker said:

Anybody know a Halfords match for Guards Red?

From memory I think VW Mars red is fairly good. But don't they still do a paint match aerosol service? If not you could get one off e-bay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-400ml-Car-Paint-Aerosol-80K-GUARDS-RED-INDISCHROT-84A/362106904323?hash=item544f40df03:g:3X4AAOSw4P1Zv7p-

Although I should really recommend an 'oh no, I'm not at all jealous of the one parked in your drive' green....!! :jealous: :lol:

Keith

• Like 2

On 4/6/2018 at 3:29 PM, Mike said:

I've been wanting a 928 since Mike & Edd did one up on Wheeler Dealers.  That bonnet is just rammed with engine, and it still looks sleek and relatively modern :Tasty:

Years ago, a friend was taking an car audio installation course and they had a Koenig Specials 928 in their shop. The instructor let us take a close look at it. It had twin turbos and a supercharger crammed under the hood which had a massive bulge. The fender flares were not exactly discreet either.  The hatch was filled with a custom molded subwoofer box and speakers. Completely bonkers and over the top.  

I agree that the stock car still looks fairly modern and is such a clean design. 

Carl

• Like 1

On 08/04/2018 at 20:58, bentwaters81tfw said:

After last week's steal of an Airfix Zodiac, I have just repeated the deal with an Airfix Lotus Cortina for an equally miserly sum. :partytime:

I have the airfix tina,plus these two wee crackers  in 24th.:penguin:

28mioa0.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I have these 2, thought it would be fun to do a WRC and a WRX side by side.

41169070114_4f039de47f.jpg

40987216305_b100c769ed.jpg

Nice pair of Subies! I just picked up a couple WRC kits this week myself . 

DSC_0512-L.jpg

DSC_0510-L.jpg

I also grabbed one of my favorite Hondas. 

DSC_0511-L.jpg

I think of it as the big brother to my '91 Beat. 

The best part was they only cost me $20 CAD each with shipping. 

Carl 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up from Hiroboy the other day

Capture.jpg

As Matt Bacon mentioned in his RFI of this model it's very simple , especially underneath , but it's nicely moulded & should build up well .  The only thing I don't like is that it's got a pair of racing bucket seats rather than the original seats .  I might leave them as they are & fit harnesses , but I have a set of Revell XR3 seats which should look ok with scratchbuilt headrests . 

• Like 2

My first truck 🙂

I've been wanting to do one, the truck builds on the forum are very inspiring. I'm starting off with a classic which I bought "second hand" for a very nice little price. The chassis has been partly assembled, otherwise it's still untouched. 

42289519672_06acfd630c_z.jpg

I think I'm going to lengthen the chassis and put a second rear axle on it. That will be my first attempt at some scratch building / modifications.

• Like 2

Hi Jeroen,

I really like this one! I had an earlier version of this some years ago.

It eventually went to the great plastic graveyard! :(

Cheers, Alan.

Edited by Alan R

3 hours ago, John.R said:

The Belkits Opel Manta!

Snap! Just waiting for the Reji decals for Russel Brookes' 1985 Manx car to come out to go with it now!

Also got the Beemax Portugal rally Group B Toyota TA64 Celica, lovely looking kit!

Keith

• Like 1

Won this on the bay today......................

photo-th.jpg