What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

On 2/19/2018 at 8:09 PM, nikkita katana said:

Lets hope  the pdf owners manual I just downloaded helps me get all the bits in the right places.

These are both the same:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10107434

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10065587

Click on "Assembly guide" and you can find all of the instructions for a full build....

best,

M.

• Like 1

Whilst not really a car or bike, I will be using it on both ... :)

y4mUQHb61YBin7K9mSPEGW5zlfZX4Dbpx8sIAnss

It's a real advance on my old Badger that finally gave up the ghost the other week after over 30 years of faithful service.

I have already used it on a couple of my projects and it's a dream to use, though a bit of a night-mare to re-assemble after cleaning. I think that it's only a matter of getting used to it being a bit more complex in it's construction.

Cheers, Alan.

13 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

These are both the same:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10107434

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10065587

Click on "Assembly guide" and you can find all of the instructions for a full build....

best,

M.

Somehow I managed to find that site and have had a look at the engine assembly instructions, but thank you anyway :)

For my BIG SEVEN OH Birthday last Saturday........from Hiroboy UK...............................

photo-th.jpg

Edited by PatW

A Mercedes 540k in 1/24 scale.

A Bugatti type 41, also in 1/24 scale.

A car I've been absolutely in love with since the days that Dad used to bring home Motorcraft calendars that had artwork of different kinds of cars each year. Can't remember now what year those old 1920's/30's beauties were but I do know whichever month the "Royale" was on, it was that month all year in my room. :D

Oh and just purchased the Haynes manual for the 1/12 Lotus 72 I got stashed away. Might just have a go at changing a few little plastic bits for brass or aluminium when I get round to attempting that one.

Who'd have thought the Bugatti would be the cheapest of the lot!!!! :)

• Like 2

I knew I was going to buy this one when it was announced end of last year - got a real weakness for the XJS. So when it turned up on the Hiroboy site... well, resistence was useless:D

26072406257_197e83bc21_c.jpgIMG_20180321_203552415[1]

Blew pretty much all of the remainder of the 2018 budget I've allowed for kits, but don't think I'm going to run out this year:wink:

Edited by Spiny
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Spiny said:

I knew I was going to buy this one when it was announced end of last year - got a real weakness for the XJS. So when it turned up on the Hiroboy site... well, resistence was useless:D

26072406257_197e83bc21_c.jpgIMG_20180321_203552415[1]

Blew pretty much all of the remainder of the 2018 budget I've allowed for kits, but don't think I'm going to run out this year:wink:

I have an old xjs that I want to do as a banger racer!

Had this arrive from the States the other day . 

1073-1_26772_1513346376_1280_1280.jpg

This arrived from Ebay yesterday

a2aedeef4beb7bf6a970195c55c7c17f_image_7

And finally , I'm waiting for this to arrive from Japan .  I've checked the instructions on Hobby Search & , although it's linked to some sort of TV programme , it seems the contents are the same as the standard Fujimi Pantera .

10243796p.jpg

• Like 1

My trio of "Old Classics" is completed with a Doozie Roadster joining the Bugatti and Mercedes.

They look like really old kits too. All relatively cheap off ebay and in some state of abandonment. All major parts present except for the front screen for the Mercedes which is flat so should be easy to find something suitable.

Classic Car SOS Bargain Hunt is my new favourite game. :D

PICT7444

• Like 3

Nice!

Yes, the Duesenberg's nearly 50 years old now. It was kitted around 1970 originally but there's been several body changes along the way. I built one when I was a lad. I thought it was a brilliant kit back then. It's still pretty good - a few fit issues, some bits simplified etc. in the Monogram style but it can be built into a very nice model that looks impressive. Not quite Tamiya quality but it's a kit that they'll never do so it's well worth building.

Good luck with all of them.

Dave

• Thanks 1

This just arrived few hours ago. Pre-ordered from Hobby-Tokyo on daBay about a month ago.  Would have liked the 71, fat fendered car, but hey, I'm not going to complain! Thank you Hasegawa!!!  The more I look at it, the more I like it.  Roll bars bmw_1.jpgand "racing seats", the correct wheels, thatbmw.jpg I'm sure are period correct, given the overall quality of the kit. Defiantly going to clear the bench for this one.

• Like 3

Just arrived from the courier:

y4m9yLIMB_XpZBBHQGvMe9xXoMA2nHWHBAD5Y2_g

The idea is to replace the rather 'weedy' wheels that come with the Fujimi Abarth 500 model.

There may be a bit of a problem. The wheel has a 'male' fitment, and the Fujimi wheel has a 'female' fitment.

I feel a time of experimentation coming on ... :)

Cheers, Alan.

I seem to have a little bit of a problem adding kits to my stash !  This week I have bought...

Fujimi BMW Z3 GT3 2012 1/24 kit

Tamiya Ducati 888 Superbike 1/12

Tamiya Silk Cut Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24

Tamiya Ford Sierra RS500 Grp A Eggenberger 1/24

Revell Porsche 918 Spyder with Weissach kit 1/24

Tamiya Yamaha YZR-M1 2004 MotoGP bike 1/12 with detail front fork kit

Tamiya Williams FW11 F1 car 1/24

And thats on top of...

Tamiya Ducati Desmosidici 2004 MotoGP 1/12 with detail front fork kit

Tamiya Subaru Impreza Grp A WRC Monte Carlo 05 1/24 with detail kit

I think i better finish the redecorating of my office and build my modelling corner....

:-D

I'm ashamed to admit that I now have a 2-kit vehicle stash.  The Merc AMG GT3 from Tamiya, and this from Belkits which I've always had a hankering for.  I can remember seeing the gun-metal ones with big arches on the roads as a whipper-snapper, and thinking :coolio:

124_Opel_Manta_400_GR_B_Rally_Tour_de_Co

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I now have a 2-kit vehicle stash.  The Merc AMG GT3 from Tamiya, and this from Belkits which I've always had a hankering for.  I can remember seeing the gun-metal ones with big arches on the roads as a whipper-snapper, and thinking :coolio:

124_Opel_Manta_400_GR_B_Rally_Tour_de_Co

Woohoo Yeah, you go you devil :) 

48 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

Woohoo Yeah, you go you devil :) 

I know... thin end of the wedge, I supose, but I doubt I'll be getting many more, cos there just aren't enough cool cars that appeal to me enough to want to own one in plastic.  Maybe if a decent new-tool Porsche 928 came out I could be tempted again :shrug:

• Like 1