What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

recently bought (and have now started) tamiyas Mercedes AMG GT3.

lovely looking (its a merc) 

lovely fit (its Tamiya)

not so lovely price, especially for a curbside kit (its new and tamiya)

Couple of disappointing design choices (you can see right through it in places and needs plasticard adding to cure it)

Been having a little fun of late - this little lot totalled out at around £65

39220716852_aa7a256a83_k.jpg

38540851194_9868271613_z.jpg

24386264597_f3d56cabbe_k.jpg

38540862164_23a64f5ac9_k.jpg

27473054949_89a52d72b2_k.jpg

Then this little beauty for, curiously, only £25 - have I missed something here? Is it actually a rubbish kit and I've missed the review? :wonder: Bit concerned I might've bought a "pig"!!

27473064819_e82b3037e7_k.jpg

Then this, which for me must  rank as bargain of the year - though I'm sure better can be done!

38540529354_dafb1abc06_k.jpg

Generally pretty happy though!

Edited by Spad
  • Like 2

20171220_133223

Visited addlestone models just before Christmas, would have been rude to walk out empty handed. Looks to be a very nice kit, looking forward to it :) might do white wheels on it though for something a little different 

Hope we all had a good Christmas :)

Matt 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mini man said:

A few recent purchases.

f2swi0.jpg

That Land Rover is certainly not recent well not from that shop (Beatties) they went under in 2001 I think.  They used to be a shop in a town near me back in the 70's and just look at that price!  I've still got a tube a cement with that sticker on bought back then it still works fine.

7 hours ago, mini man said:

9 hours ago, mini man said:

A few recent purchases.

102jr69.jpg

2h3o6xj.jpg

90x95l.jpg

2ed79lk.jpg

2l8hv2c.jpg

atug8.jpg

sv019h.jpg

10dzcli.jpg

4hsa40.jpg

Could not resist this,t cost a fair bit but hey ho...
14ifmut.jpg

eqdqu.jpg

Some German stuff.
2eq9e79.jpg

Sport cars.
9ql3yx.jpg

Off road!
f2swi0.jpg

Interesting Pacer Custom Panel. Was that via ebay?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kev The Modeller said:

That Land Rover is certainly not recent well not from that shop (Beatties) they went under in 2001 I think.  They used to be a shop in a town near me back in the 70's and just look at that price!  I've still got a tube a cement with that sticker on bought back then it still works fine.

Recent to me!

From first view, I have bought maybe the best kit in my 40-odd years of modelling: MFH's 1/43 Alfa TZ2. Beautiful car, gorgeous kit and I guess the natural progression will be something MFH in 1/20 (Porsche 908/3) and then finish off with a 1/12 (Mazda 787B). Unless they bring out something even more glorious in the meantime...

But I'm on the bottom rung at least! (last picture courtesy of MFH: rest scanned on my flatbed and missing a few bits which didn't scan so well - clear parts etc). AWESOME.

• Like 3

As a Christmas present from the In-Laws , I received the new Revell 58 Corvette .  Sadly Pat , my Mother-in-Law passed away a couple of weeks before Christmas , so I will be building it in tribute to her , wearing the registration PMV 52 - her initials & year of birth .

• Like 1

Decided to make a replica of a Beetle that my father had in the early 70s as a birthday gift for him. It was an Apple Green 1303s - that of course doesn't quite match any of the available kits looking at the photos I dug out from his albums.

I've bought the Aoshima 1303 kit as a base for the body, and the Revell cabrio kit to donate some parts. I think I'm going to get some colour-match auto paint and decant it rather than try to mix my own - pretty expensive way to do it though. 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2017 at 1:01 PM, ElectricLightAndy said:

I've been on a bit of a Jag roll at the moment.

1/24 heller Jaguar XJ220

1/24 italeri Jaguar XJ220

1/43 Airfix/heller Jaguar XJS

You'll be needing the excellent and newly re-issued Hasegawa 1/24 XJ-S, then, if you haven't got one already... and (I'm sorry to have to say it) a Tamiya XJ220...

bestest,

M.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

You'll be needing the excellent and newly re-issued Hasegawa 1/24 XJ-S, then, if you haven't got one already... and (I'm sorry to have to say it) a Tamiya XJ220...

bestest,

M.

Lol yeah I want one of them Hasegawa xjs's I did not realise Hasegawa had re-released it though (I do have a real one, an 1987 3.6 mwahahahaaaa!) I do have the 1/16th Bandai kit which is beautiful (and the Tamiya XJ220... I clearly have an illness) I shall have to keep an eye out for the Hasagawa one, have they re-done the racing version as well?

Cheers,

Andy.

18 minutes ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

Lol yeah I want one of them Hasegawa xjs's I did not realise Hasegawa had re-released it though (I do have a real one, an 1987 3.6 mwahahahaaaa!)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10472155

https://hlj.com/product/HSG20305

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10486703

https://hlj.com/product/HSG20321

The TWR should be around in other places...

best,

M.

17 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Cool, thank you very much! I've got next month's treat ready then lol,

Cheers,

Andy.

1 hour ago, cmatthewbacon said:

The TWR should be around in other places...

Hannants have it listed as a new arrival (but out of stock) for a ridiculous price compared to what Hobby Search have it for;

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HA20305

Makes me a little sick I sold mine for a tenner at Telford a couple of years back...!! :D

Keith

• Like 1