What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

As it was reduced from £42 to £20 @ Hannants,  it seemed like a good deal so bought........................

photo-th.jpg

To hopefully turn it into........................

photo-th.jpg

Yes it's Liam Doran's World Rallycross Car!

Edited by PatW
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

though probably not in that colour!

That's exactly the colour I would do it in! Kit's a bit pricey though for yet another to be added to the 'pile that will most likely never get built'!

Looking forward to seeing yours built M, whatever the colour!

Keith

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Been a bit quiet on the purchasing front of late, but at yesterdays club meeting I made up for lost time :) 

First up.... Finally got one.

resized_44796af8-6551-4950-b417-78802de2

Then these two old dears... Well, if you have a 1/25th scale Euro truck, you have to have a 1/25th Trailer as well :)

resized_3e1cbf0e-1d0d-4985-92c1-f11a81a3

and finally a couple more 43rd's 

resized_0688cbb8-ff93-4e4f-be6b-2eb0a993

I wanted to jump into the bus as soon as it hit the modelling room, but i really need to finish whats going to our Model Car Show in October, so it might have to wait a bit :) 

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 1

Have just received this kit:

zSodJJocs4oa3O85nOExOomLCTcbDwOEcx0Vahch

But it won't be built in that livery, instead I have this decal set to complete it in.....

ThRAkassuapz7lg5A9HHg8E2PEHWDFjUL7kaizOC

Can't wait, should hopefully turn out to be a very attractive model.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2017 at 3:58 PM, Cooper645 said:

Have just received this kit:

zSodJJocs4oa3O85nOExOomLCTcbDwOEcx0Vahch

But it won't be built in that livery, instead I have this decal set to complete it in.....

ThRAkassuapz7lg5A9HHg8E2PEHWDFjUL7kaizOC

Can't wait, should hopefully turn out to be a very attractive model.

I used to watch these at Silverstone in the day. They had a one model championship for these, just picture 20 to 30 of these on the grid!

• Like 2

On 04/08/2017 at 1:03 PM, shood23 said:

Just put my pre order request in for this beauty. 

横絵VerBss

A nice big 1/12 mfh Ferrari sf70h should be on its way from Japan by the end of the month. 

Shaun 

That should keep you busy for a while Shaun

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2017 at 7:28 PM, colin said:

That should keep you busy for a while Shaun

Maybe but it is pushing me to get most of the semi built stuff finished and off my desk. I'm just itching right now for it to turn up though. 

Shaun 

• 2 weeks later...

Having not made a 1/24th car before I decided it was time to give it a bash, especially after watching some of David Damek's videos (he makes it look so easy!), so looking for a bargain I happened across Tamiya's old Porsche 911 GT1. Have I bitten off more than I can chew for a first car project? Probably! 

36411467273_077d8b31da_b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill.B said:

Having not made a 1/24th car before I decided it was time to give it a bash, especially after watching some of David Damek's videos (he makes it look so easy!), so looking for a bargain I happened across Tamiya's old Porsche 911 GT1. Have I bitten off more than I can chew for a first car project? Probably! 

36411467273_077d8b31da_b.jpg

Not at all bill this kit is actually very nice to build, I like you built it very early when coming into this hobby and I still have it stored away still fully intact. 

Shaun 

22 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

I've gone a bit nostalgic and couldn't resist this one from my youth, oh so many moons ago!: ;)

64e7ca1c-6375-42ea-ae65-ad0c76488b72.jpg

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

I owned one of these many years ago. Bought it brand new in 1979 (Ugh! 38 years ago...).

Mine was metallic Grey. It was a little cracker. Not much power (1298cc model), but superb handling.

I still miss it.

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had a few little buys over the past week.  Firstly a tamiya rothmans Porsche 956 with the s27 962 longheck 88spec upgrade set. 

Then not long ago I just managed to secure a s27 brawn gp Brazil/Japan spec car so the one I was trying to make has been made obsolete. 

Shaun 

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Last purchase was the new Hasegawa BMW 2002, which looks very nice indeedy.

These three purchases have been made, but I haven't got them yet, picking them up from the local show next week

- Revell 65 Chevy Suburban

- Revell Mclaren 570

- Revell Mercedes AMG GT. :) 

Oh, nearly forgot i manged to pick up two Airfix Jaguar XKR's, and Aston Martin and the Mini Countryman... Lovely Jubbly 

Mad Steve

• Like 1

Tamiya 1/12 Caterham BDR for a bargain AU$150 (£88)...started; but given most of it screws together it can be easily un-started.

And a set of Tamiya 1/12 Mud and Snow rally tyres with 'Minilite' (actually Watanabe clones) wheels which may end up on the Caterham shod with a set of Tamiya 'All Weather' Dunlops.

Given EvilBay prices I am one happy chappie...

Latest ones are the 1/24 Revell Monogram 2010 Shelby GT500 & 1/25 AMT Cobra .  Both were on offer at Creative Models , so I figured it would be rude not to .  Incidentally , usual excellent service from Creative - ordered on Thursday , delivered Saturday morning & , because the value was over 30 quid it was post free as well . 

Had a few decent buys in the last couple of weeks 

Revell Kevin harvick 2015 spec I guess nascar. 

Hasegawa from a Porsche 962. 

Tamiya Porsche 956 with s27 962 upgrade trans kit. 

Tamiya Merc clk-gtr original teile wi5h scale motorsport version 2 super detail set. 

And finally for the plastic side of things a ut models Porsche 911 gt1 evo 97 spec. 

Now for some resin goodies. 

Mfh 1/20 Ferrari f2008 

DTM 1/20 Redbull RB7 Monaco. 

Shaun 

This morning I ordered from Jadlam Racing the Italeri 1/9 Norton Commando , which I assume to be a reissue of a Protar kit .  They were advertising it at £53.85 , but I came across a discount code (JX44E59J) which gave 10% off , meaning it cost me £48.46 with free postage .  Not exactly cheap for what is a far from cutting edge kit , but MUCH better than the current retail of £69.99 . 

• Like 1