What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Just got Heller's new Fergie tractor kit. It's pretty darned amazing with all the small details bits. It is so close to what Ford was selling in the US that changing things won't be too difficult. I'm doing the first stock as a Fergie to familiarize myself with it's assembly, then maybe a Ford V8 or Lincoln V12 powered version for a tractor pull machine. I can see those smooth tread tyres going on a land speed car as the more familiar ribbed tyres are going on the farm tractor in my builds.

• Like 2

I'm liking the look of this Matt. This is on my wish list. Think I'll be watching this one 👍🏻

•  
  •  
Edited by cookiezoom
  • Like 1

Moaning Chaps :bye:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe......

IMG-20170221-WA0005.jpg

These things are like fowls teeth, so when a friend had one going spare, I just had to say Yeeeees!!!!!

They are now apparently very hard to get hold of... (But I'm still going to build it) :)

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 6

Just taken delivery of these from Hiroboy...

IMG_0076_zpsabchende.jpg

IMG_0078_zpswh8syaqw.jpg

Two rather different Japanese sports cars.

The latter one means that I have all but one of the Nissan GTRs.

Alan.

IMG_0076_zpsabchende.jpgIMG_0004_zpshhdsjb3a.jpgIMG_0005_zpsszgfbr6g.jpgIMG_0006_zpsru7hgyv4.jpgIMG_0076_zpsabchende.jpgIMG_0078_zpswh8syaqw.jpg

• Like 2

This little beauty just arrived through the door today 

20170310_180028_zpsi6nntcah.jpg

I'm thinking I may try my hand at some resin casting as these are hens teeth now and I have 3/4 more 917s that would all benefit from an engine

Shaun

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been at Doncaster toyfair today and picked up an ESCI Land Rover109 LWB 1 :24 . All the bits are there , some off sprues and the box has the caved in look but i paid £10 for it . A bargain i thought . 

Gary . 

On 3/3/2017 at 6:27 AM, MAD STEVE said:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe......

IMG-20170221-WA0005.jpg

Ooh you jammy sod - hope you post the build on here! That must be massive in 1/24?

Will

7 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Ooh you jammy sod - hope you post the build on here! That must be massive in 1/24?

Will

Hiya Will :bye:

It is rather large yes. I will get round to posting it once I've got a few other things out the way and cleared a suitably large area off the workbench.

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 2

My name is Kevin and I have a confession.

I recently bought two Airfix aircraft kits. Please be nice to me.

In my defence, one cost under $10 (about 6 quid) and is arguably the most beautiful plane - evah. I also plan to paint it to match my own car! It's also a pig of a kit made from 1950's moulds. The other is a kit of the last plane I flew in (upside down at times!) and I plan to make it in the same colour scheme.

Don't worry, though, I still have plenty of cars still to make.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered the Revell McLaren 570S from Japan as it's still not available in Oz. Will get the volcano orange paint from Gravity Colors to go with it.

Also ordered carbon and sponsor decals for the MP4-31. 

Bought this:

178860-12155-pristine.jpg

and tihs:

181518-10571-pristine.jpg

Out of the Marketplace from Fazer. Really looking forward to building both of them. To me both rank very high among the most beautiful cars ever built.

Both are pretty basic kits as far as I can tell yet, but seem to be a very good base to build something beautiful.

Edited by Schwarz-Brot
  • Like 1

@Schwarz-Brot My dad bought me the Airfix hi-tech Ferrari when I was about 10 whilst on holiday somewhere, it was £5 in a corner shop... needles to say I ruined it at that age, wish I had another crack at it now though, will you be doing WIP's for these?

Andy.

2 hours ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

@Schwarz-Brot My dad bought me the Airfix hi-tech Ferrari when I was about 10 whilst on holiday somewhere, it was £5 in a corner shop... needles to say I ruined it at that age, wish I had another crack at it now though, will you be doing WIP's for these?

Andy.

Yeah, probably. But don't await it to happen anytime soon. Im working on my master thesis atm, so everything else is on the backburner. When I'm through with that, I have some projects to pick up and finish first. Modelling wise mainly my Anti-Curbside Impreza and the accompanying Truck.

A workshop to complete, as its construction stalled over winter. A turntable to repair for a friend. Many miniature projects are to drop in over the next months: The Others and Zombicide Prison Outbreak already landed and I began painting the miniatures before starting my thesis. Next up is Sword & Sorcery which is expected to arrive at the end of May. If it is a good game, the miniatures will need paint for sure. Then estimated for August is the first wave of Kingdom Death: Monster... Did I mention painting miniatures is my primary modelling interest? ;)

Need to get back into sports. And I fear I'll have to take a full time job sometime soon... I can already feel my time fading.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered another non-car kit. I'm sorry to disappoint you all. This time it is a sci-if kit. K-2SO

Hopefully my McLaren 570S will be here from Japan soon. Still not available locally. I see that Gravity Colors have Volcano Orange available! (Can't get Zero Paints shipped to Oz)

On Sun Apr 16 2017 at 10:02 AM, injidup said:

I see that Gravity Colors have Volcano Orange available! (Can't get Zero Paints shipped to Oz)

Do they really not have a supplier in Australia. Is that due to the chemicals in the paint or just because nobody wants to absorb the shipping costs? 

This lot turned up today. Thanks Nick. 

20170419_165945_zpskefmi6yl.jpg

I would have preferred the Abu Dhabi trans kit but I'm not complaining. Just need a case and figure maybe now. 

Also I did for some reason want to torture myself at some point soon so I bought a similr Ford gt gt1 car (I've seen they are paints to build). 

Shaun 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2017 at 6:22 PM, shood23 said:

This lot turned up today. Thanks Nick. 

20170419_165945_zpskefmi6yl.jpg

I would have preferred the Abu Dhabi trans kit but I'm not complaining. Just need a case and figure maybe now. 

Also I did for some reason want to torture myself at some point soon so I bought a similr Ford gt gt1 car (I've seen they are paints to build). 

Shaun 

Shaun

Jealousy kicks in again!

I can see why you asked about the paint now.

The Toro Roso you did looked so good, many of these kits have you got now?

John

6 hours ago, Hugh Jampton said:

Shaun

Jealousy kicks in again!

I can see why you asked about the paint now.

The Toro Roso you did looked so good, many of these kits have you got now?

John

This will be hopefully the 4th completed redbull/Toro Rosso. I made one pretty soon after it came out when I was new at modelling so it's not great, 1 ejan version, the Toro Rosso obviously and also there was one that I scrapped as the clear coat wrecked the decals and new decals from a UK supplier cost almost as much a a new kit but a lot of the parts went into one of the mp4/30s I made, which is also why I asked about the clear coat recently as I don't want anymore mistakes. Luckily I still have most of the s27 carbon set also from the wrecked car that I can use on the new one. But I now have a hard decision of what to have as my big build this year, this, a full detail mp4/4 or a Ferrari race truck with the trailer interior added.

Shaun

• Like 1