What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, roymattblack said:

I built the Finecast Roller about 35-ish years ago. (Yes, it's THAT old)

VERY difficult, terrible moulding quality, more flash than Nov 5th...

The end result was a blinder. I loved it.

Lost it to my ex-dragon in a divorce about 10 yrs ago.

A seriously difficult kit, but very rewarding.

Yours is the original boxing which I had. I'm almost tempted to chase you for it.

Stick 'em on Ebay.

They'll be gone pronto, and good money.

(No disrespect meant to forum members...)

I had no idea that Wills Finecast did cars.  I knew them from white metal locomotives of which I had built a few.  Remember swearing repeatedly at a 4mm GWR King for being bleeding useless, but after a while it looked ace.  So much work.

Stick those babies on ebay or gum tree, they will go for loads!

Ive been on a bit of a spending spree..

20170120_202206_1.jpg

The 05 Impreza, Focus 01  and a few of the F1 Revell kits (F2005, BMW Sauber, F2007, W01  have been in my stash for a while now but the rest are a max of a few months old to me.

• Like 3

Like Timbo I went on a little spree over the weekend.

revell mclaren 570s

fujimi sauber c31 Spain gp 

fujimi williams fw16 San Marino gp 

fujimi porsche 917 1970 leman winner 

fujimi porsche 917 1970 leman gulf edition 

fujimi porsche 917 1971 leman winner 

all with some paint styrene rods and sheets for some extra detail and hopefully one more car will be coming very soon.

that plus sorting out a drivers licence and wedding rings my bank balance took quite a big hit over the weekend. 

shaun

• Like 1

Morning Chaps & Chapettes

Found this lurking in a model shop...

IMG_20170116_125451.jpg

Really chuffed, I've been looking for one of these for aaaages and never been able to find one, and there it was, just sitting on the shelf, all forlorn like... :)

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 4

Got them on Ebay december last year.

In my town we don't have any Hobby Shop, only a small toy store that have 5-10 different kits and all of them is Revell starter kit. So Ebay is my best friend searching for nice cars.

3ba7d45180ac84aef22806093ebac8b8.jpgf40b47f929c80b73dcb585e4c0cb8b16.jpg6dad1a3465642da1b920f487a5322c90.jpgb97b7826d1175228bf0c2e8f349d5312.jpg

• Like 4

A couple of weeks ago I received , as a prize for coming 3rd in a competition on Modeling Madness , the 1/25 Revell Rat Roaster .  Weird name , but a very nice kit which I never even knew existed till I opened the box .  It's based on the two 32 Ford coupes that Revell issued some years back but with a roadster body , bobbed rear wings , front cycle wings & a smallblock Chevy motor with over-the-frame headers joining up with exhausts exiting under the car .  I think that I'll be fitting the engine & exhausts to my American Graffiti coupe , which has been an ongoing project for at least 2 decades .  The roadster will be acquiring the Chrysler Firepower hemi from Revell's 5-window coupe .

I've also recently received a 1/25 Revell 1990 Mustang LX drag car and a Heller Jaguar E-Type roadster .  The Mustang looks a nice kit & also includes most of the parts to build a standard car .  The E-Type is the classic case of good news , bad news - some bits are great , but the wheels are diabolical , the interior a bit lacking & the idiot who decided to mould the bottom half of the windscreen wipers on the body & the top half on the windscreen should be barred from designing anything again .

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Couple more arrived today :)

Heeeeeheeeeeeheeeeeee...

IMG_20170126_125052.jpg

This isn't being started yet. It really needs a CF decal set and Ill be waiting for that. 

I'm not really fond of Merc's, but I do rather like this...

IMG_20170126_125042.jpg

and the last one for a themed competition later this year at our annual Model Car Show...

IMG_20170126_125102.jpg

goodygoodygoodygoody....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shood23 said:

Ok so apparently I'm really bad at saving this month as I've just seen this and as a racing car fan had to have it.

Shaun

What is this Saving thing that you speak of Shaun?.... :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MAD STEVE said:

What is this Saving thing that you speak of Shaun?.... :)

To be honest I don't know but it's just a word my other half keeps saying, something along the lines of you need to start saving something for something, I don't know I've stopped listening to every word now lol 

• Like 1

Since I decided to get on with this hobby again I've searched around to get me some kits to start with and eventually I bought a collection from an elderly man who decided to quit. 15-20 of them was my plan, but I had to buy all to get 1.

It practically filled up my A7 as you can se on the photo..... but I think I hit the jewel.

Metal kits is not for me... so what could they be worth if I decided to sell them?

Photos in the link:

https://goo.gl/photos/gyfRKiZVjMwgFoWD7

Hi Audifan,

Just came across your post. Regarding the metal kits, you can still get the Silver Ghost, new from SE Finecast. It retails for around £90. You can, in fact, get most of their car range, plus the car models that Autokit used to make.

What you can't get is the MGB series, the Mini, the MGA and the Morgan Plus 8. They are discontinued at the moment and I think have been out of production for a while.

SMTS don't sell the Jaguar E Type any more. This was discontinued a while ago.

They're all reasonably accurate kits but need a fair bit of work being metal.

Hope this helps.

Dave

• Like 1

On 23/01/2017 at 11:48 AM, Timbo343 said:

Ive been on a bit of a spending spree

Will you actually build all them kits? I've got about 6-8 kits waiting to be done but I can't actually remember when I last had chance to work on any