What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Some things I've snagged of evilBay over the past few weeks:

1/24 Monogram 1990 Davey Allison Texaco NASCAR

1/24 Monogram IMSA Mustang (basically a Zakspeed Gr.5 Capri w/ an early '80s Mustang nose)

1/24 Monogram Ford Sprint Car

1/20 Tamiya B192 F1

From the local hobby shop:

1/24 Tamiya Toyota Supra

Just ordered last night from the Squadron "After Christmas Sale":

1/24 Revell Porsche 911 Turbo

1/24 Revell Lambo Diablo VT

I think once I get the Golf out of the way, I'm going to dig one of the race cars out of the stash.  :clap2:

11 hours ago, injidup said:

@shood23 Maybe we should do a 917 group build!

I think my MP4-31 arrived but when I went to the post office yesterday they were closed. Will have to wait until next Tuesday.

Well, I couldn't wait so I took the Ducati for a spin and picked up the McLaren.

14 hours ago, injidup said:

@shood23 Maybe we should do a 917 group build!

I think my MP4-31 arrived but when I went to the post office yesterday they were closed. Will have to wait until next Tuesday.

That's a good idea injidup or maybe just a whole porsche sports car build as I have alot stored up needing the motivation to get them started.

Shaun

3 hours ago, MAD STEVE said:

Morning Chaps :bye:

Its in the country, waiting to be cleared and sent to little old meeeeeeeee.....:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Untitled_2.png

Really looking forward to getting this one 

:santa:Mad Steve:santa:

Love the car but oh no on the waiting for clearance, I see a possible ridiculously overpriced royal mail fee coming your way. 

Shaun 

7 hours ago, shood23 said:

Love the car but oh no on the waiting for clearance, I see a possible ridiculously overpriced royal mail fee coming your way. 

Shaun 

Evening all :bye:

Its coming through with a big consignment of Aoshima kits my friend purchased Shaun, so were hoping it wont take too long. 

If it does come through with a very big royal mail fee we shall be very alarmed, seeing as they are in Joburg at the mo :) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

Evening all :bye:

Its coming through with a big consignment of Aoshima kits my friend purchased Shaun, so were hoping it wont take too long. 

If it does come through with a very big royal mail fee we shall be very alarmed, seeing as they are in Joburg at the mo :) 

my mistake steve, completely wrong country lol I think I can be pretty sure royal mail won't want a penny haha 

Shaun

• Like 1

Last 2 kits for this year, but already got another kit comming next week :o

Brian's Eclipse:

Revell%20Brian's%20Eclipse.JPG

And I want to build the second kit I ever build again. I did rebuild it a few years ago, but that one didn't survive the move and I really like the 599.

Unboxing picture's of this one here: 599 GTB Fiorano unboxing

Revell%20Ferrari%20599%20GTB%20Fiorano%2

And also got a new wheel set for this one, the kit wheels just don't look right...

Mike

Edited by MikeGTC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeGTC said:

Last 2 kits for this year, but already got another kit comming next week :o

Brian's Eclipse:

Revell%20Brian's%20Eclipse.JPG

And I want to build the second kit I ever build again. I did rebuild it a few years ago, but that one didn't survive the move and I really like the 599.

Unboxing picture's of this one here: 599 GTB Fiorano unboxing

And also got a new wheel set for this one, the kit wheels just don't look right...

Mike

Mike where did you find the eclipse? I have been looking for one for ages 

Shaun

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shood23 said:

Mike where did you find the eclipse? I have been looking for one for ages 

Shaun

Hey Shaun, 

Revell re released it a while ago.

I got the kit from domino.be for € 26.50

Not sure what the shipping to the UK is.

Mike

I just picked up a pair of older Honda kits: 

IMG_20161231_185748.jpg

IMG_20161231_185733.jpg

I have the RC version of the CR-X, also by Tamiya and the NSX is a do over for me. My first try was when the kit first came out and it's mostly decals for the "paint work".

Carl

• Like 3

Gents

First post on this tread and apologies for the non F1 fans. I must have been a good boy last year as Santa left me these babies, both came from Japan with a surprisingly quick delivery.

20161227_100754_zps6r98nwnb_edit_1482856

I'm hoping to start the MP4/2 later this month, if I can get my backside into gear, and almost certainly with PE extras and CF decals.

I'll save the FW14b till later in the year, bearing in mind I do about 2 models a year and now have a stash of 13 cars, I'll have up my game.

As if this wasn't enough a few days before the break I won (and for a very reasonable price) a Hasegawa 1976 Ferrari 312t which pairs nicely with the 312t2 I bought last Febuary. I'm tempted to build the pair at once but wary about getting into confused and switching parts, I'm sure most of the parts under the cowling are the same but until I look a bit closer, I'll be non the wiser.

20161227_100837_zpsfwbkjlyu.jpg

Regards

John

• Like 4

I decided I needed a couple of car kits in the stash,

though I have no idea when I will get time to build them!

I got Amazon vouchers for Crimbo so used them to purchase

these two...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revell-06112-Build-Play-Police/dp/B00TK0BOR4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483556325&sr=8-2&keywords=revell+car+model+kits+police+car

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revell-Monogram-Go-Mad-Plastic-Multi-Colour/dp/B00LG06UMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483556409&sr=8-1&keywords=revell+model+kits+nomad

Prices have gone up since but I think I got both for well less than 20 pounds.

The Police car was really just to see what it's all about and what can I do with it.

The Nomad because it's bonkers.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:33 AM, Will Vale said:

Just received Tamiya's Bimota Tesi 1D after seeing Pappy's awesome build on here. It looks great in the box :)

Will

I'm after one of those too.

They seem to fetch silly money though.

I was given a built one that had been smashed by a moggy, but it's kinda too far gone, the model, not the moggy.

Rick.

They seem to be cheaper in NZ - I paid 50 NZD for mine (which isn't bad for a Tamiya bike kit at local prices) - but I noticed they were dear on eBay.

Will

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Will Vale said:

They seem to be cheaper in NZ - I paid 50 NZD for mine (which isn't bad for a Tamiya bike kit at local prices) - but I noticed they were dear on eBay.

Will

The cheapest I can find here is about £30.

Not too bad, but like kits below £20!

Rick

Picked up a tamiya Williams fw24 2002 f1 car, really detailed for a mid 2000s f1 car with lots of room to improve too. Also it comes with a second set of decals so I can revive an old build I did of the same car a few years ago.

Shaun

12 hours ago, shood23 said:

Picked up a tamiya Williams fw24 2002 f1 car, really detailed for a mid 2000s f1 car with lots of room to improve too. Also it comes with a second set of decals so I can revive an old build I did of the same car a few years ago.

Shaun

Was that on Ebay Shaun, there was a couple up for grabs last week and both went for a reasonable price.

John

2 hours ago, Hugh Jampton said:

Was that on Ebay Shaun, there was a couple up for grabs last week and both went for a reasonable price.

John

It was indeed John I got the kit and s27 decal set for under £30, which will turn into having 2 kits made up for under that price. I'm thinking one full detail with the floor and wheels off on its stand and one with everything on as a pre raced car or maybe like I just said but next to each other in a garage scene, the possibilities are endless lol

Shaun 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, shood23 said:

It was indeed John I got the kit and s27 decal set for under £30, which will turn into having 2 kits made up for under that price. I'm thinking one full detail with the floor and wheels off on its stand and one with everything on as a pre raced car or maybe like I just said but next to each other in a garage scene, the possibilities are endless lol

Shaun 

Shaun

I was going to bid on that one myself but stopped just in time as I'd just got the 312t and the stash is getting to large.

It's a nice looking car and am looking forward to see the tread.

John

Edited by Hugh Jampton