Florida Air Museums

spfparker

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice indeed!

I've managed to tour the museums of Arizona and California, and later this month I'll be going to Dayton OH to the USAF Museum (CAN'T WAIT!!!!), must get myself out to Florida, looks like they've got some great places to visit.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:08 PM, F-32 said:

Very nice indeed!

I've managed to tour the museums of Arizona and California, and later this month I'll be going to Dayton OH to the USAF Museum (CAN'T WAIT!!!!), must get myself out to Florida, looks like they've got some great places to visit.

I spent 2 full days there earlier in May this year. Unfortunately I missed the opening of the Presidential and X-plane hanger by about 2.5 weeks!!!!!!!!

1100 pictures later managed to get round everything - and included a lot of walkround shots!

On 05/10/2016 at 7:08 PM, F-32 said:

Very nice indeed!

If you can, give yourself at least two days in Dayton. It is the biggest and best aurcraft museum in the world even if the Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola has more atmosphere. If you ask nicely, the staff will let you do walkarounds too

Andy

It was great, I spent two days there, thankfully I knew it would be dark so took my tripod. The new fourth hanger is nice and light, hopefully they retrofit the same lighting in the other three hangers.

On 29/10/2016 at 9:01 PM, phildagreek said:

Very good.

I recommend an afternoon at Kermit Week's "little" museum at the side of I4, roughly halfway between Tampa and Orlando.

That museum was on limited opening times whilst we were there so didn't get a chance to go and have a visit..  Think it is planning on opening up again for longer hours in the future..