CF-104D Starfighter 1/48 Hasegawa

Martian

This morning I decided to tackle the fiddly job of bending the Eduard rudder pedal assemblies to shape and getting them fitted to the cockpit tub. This went better than I had expected. I hope you can see them tolerably well in the accompanying pictures but I think the texture on the Eduard pedals has been worth the effort.

I also gave the scratch built ejector seats a coat of black primer in order that they will be ready for airbrushing tomorrow. Now that the pictures are done the cockpit tub will be getting some primer as soon as I have finished here.

Thanks for looking

Martian

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Really like this so far Martian.

You are too kind Sir!

Flattered of Mars

3 hours ago, longshanks said:

Yeah another small step for modelkind !!  :nodding:

Kev

Thanks Kev, there is the odd spark of mojo returning even if it is a bit intermittent at the moment.

3 hours ago, massimo said:

I thought those wheel bays had something familiar!!!

Welcome back Martian!!!

Great stuff , as usual!!!

I real pleasure to watch your works!:clap::clap:

Glad you enjoy my ramblings Massimo.

Martian

Yesterday was mostly spent masking off the areas to be primed for the interior bits and a base coat of Citadel black primer laid down. Hopefully this will have cured sufficiently by this evening for me to start airbrushing some of the interior colours. Otherwise I will get up early and get them done tomorrow morning as I am under orders from the Martianess not to do much today as I slipped in the loft yesterday and put my leg through the bedroom ceiling and have cuts and bruises quite literally from head to toe and a possible cracked rib or chipped bone into the bargain. :(

Martian, off to look for a plasterer.

100.jpg

103.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Ouch, you don't want to be doing things like that too often Martian....

After that sage advice I'd just like to join with the others in saying it's really glad to see you back at this little beauty again! I'd somehow missed you building those seats, they look most excellent in primer! 

Hoe your cuts & bruises heal soon & the rib isn't cracked (I know from personal experience what they hurt like!}

ATB

Keith

• Like 2

Thanks Keith. I have had a cracked rib before and this feels pretty much the same. Serves me right for being clumsy.

Martian

• Sad 4

Incredible. The level of detail is astounding.

There are two types of modellers; people like this who can build with all this amazing little detail, then ones like me that can only do OOB. I wish I had the skill and patience to reach the former standard!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

I remember this one from way back when... nice to see it back. Still looks really good to me.

Thanks Steve, I started with this one as it is the nearest of my long term builds to completion and I thought that if I got something finished it would improve my motivation.

13 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

Incredible. The level of detail is astounding.

There are two types of modellers; people like this who can build with all this amazing little detail, then ones like me that can only do OOB. I wish I had the skill and patience to reach the former standard!

Thanks, ironically though, I wish I could accept less detail and have a higher rate of completion so I envy you.

Martian

• Like 4

I want to like your last progress post due to the work done Martian but at the same time can't quite due to the unrelated injuries detailed within :unsure: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

I want to like your last progress post due to the work done Martian but at the same time can't quite due to the unrelated injuries detailed within :unsure: 

I quite understand Col. Sadly, the injuries weren't totally unrelated to modelling as I was rooting around in the stash to get stuff together for the upcoming Culham project. Still, better me getting hurt than sending Mrs Martian to the loft and her getting hurt.

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Please have care master

bad enough damaging the ceiling, terrible thing to damage it with YOU

:(

I can get the ceiling fixed up but there goes the modelling budget for a month or two. I seem to be one of those people who are supposed to look after themselves but seem to be totally incapable of doing so.

Martian

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Oh Dear ETI !

Hope that you'll heal soon, cracked rib :unsure:, not a good souvenir for me either !

Take care Dear Martian, and listen to SWMBO, it's not irony, once !

Really good job on PE, I will restart my piloted missiles too

May be havin'another WiP, Seemingly, I became a WiP collector :rofl2:

Have a good rest day, we both know that modelling is the best rest ever !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Wonderful work on the starfighter. Sounds like something I would do, the leg incident I mean.  :unsure: Hope the damage is not too bad for your good self and the ceiling. 

Take care kid.

Johnny.

Thanks Johnny, I'll live.

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Excellent; he’s back!  

Liking the Culham plan.  Not liking the dangerous loft escapades.  Take care, young alien.

Thanks Crisp, taken along with the book idea, it could become my magnificent octopus! How is the knackered wrist going?

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Oh Dear ETI !

Hope that you'll heal soon, cracked rib :unsure:, not a good souvenir for me either !

Take care Dear Martian, and listen to SWMBO, it's not irony, once !

Really good job on PE, I will restart my piloted missiles too

May be havin'another WiP, Seemingly, I became a WiP collector :rofl2:

Have a good rest day, we both know that modelling is the best rest ever !!

Sincerely.

CC

Cheers Alain. I never could stay out of trouble for long. It just goes to show that you can't teach an aging alien new tricks!

Martian the Sore All Over

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I slipped in the loft yesterday and put my leg through the bedroom ceiling and have cuts and bruises quite literally from head to toe and a possible cracked rib or chipped bone into the bargain. :(

Yikes, that sounds nasty. I hope your recuperation is progressing well. I have done something very similar myself.  :blush: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

:rolleyes: Oh Dear ! The things you'll to get attention ....

Been there done that. Landed astride the joist so you can imagine the noise/language. My two daughters sleeping in the room slept blissfully through it all.

I would imagine you're are feeling worse for wear this morning. So  take it easy and rest up

Kev

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Crisp, taken along with the book idea, it could become my magnificent octopus! How is the knackered wrist going?

The wrist is almost fully restored, and modelling will resume as soon as the Fearless drawings are complete.  A bit of dull real life getting in the way at present.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

Yikes, that sounds nasty. I hope your recuperation is progressing well. I have done something very similar myself.  :blush: 

Thanks Nigel, its just a matter of taking things easy for a bit and trying to stay out of trouble.

51 minutes ago, longshanks said:

:rolleyes: Oh Dear ! The things you'll to get attention ....

Been there done that. Landed astride the joist so you can imagine the noise/language. My two daughters sleeping in the room slept blissfully through it all.

I would imagine you're are feeling worse for wear this morning. So  take it easy and rest up

Kev

I thought you were talking in a bit of a high pitched voice at Telford. I am rather surprised that you were ever able to walk again after an injury like that! :yikes:

Martian

• Haha 3

I spent a good part of yesterday and this morning getting the man interior colours sprayed onto the model and then making a start on detail painting of the engine, hydraulic bay door and the wheel wells. these were then given a wash to help some of the detail stand out. I am a bit disappointed at they way they look under macro in the pictures. They do look a bit better to the naked eye, honest.

Thanks for looking

Martian

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

• Like 7