CF-104D Starfighter 1/48 Hasegawa

Martian

2 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I can't think what to say after catching up the last few pages it all looks just so.....good, in that it just pulls the eye in wherever you look.:clap:

Bravo Martian!

Sorry to hear of you re-enacting the breaching of the Mohne dam on the bedroom ceiling; I hope healing has been swift. 

Thanks Baroness,  I just wish I was doing some more modelling this weekend as I had planned rather than pratting around with this Postimage issue.

Martian

59 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

as I had planned rather than pratting around with this Postimage

Yes, what exactly has been happening whilst I was off air? I noticed a few threads I was trying to catch up on had broken links.

• Like 1

It seems that Postimage have had a registry problem, whatever one of those is, resulting in people who have been using them having their pictures wiped. Some people have had their links restored and some not and sadly I seem to be in the latter group, hence my having to spend a lot of time at the computer rather than modelling. Not happy as following the mother and father of stressful weeks, I was looking forward to chilling out with some fettling. 

Narked of Mars

• Sad 3

Martian did you do what I did?

Remove the .org bookmark from your 'device' then search (I used Google) for the new version on postimg.cc and enter your password

When I did that it immediately reset the account to the .cc identity

I do/did still have an occasional missing image but on the whole nowt like the Photocrappit exercise of recent history

Don't forget to set a new bookmark either

Been a pain hasn't it.  😱

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Bill. I passed the course but it was hellishly hard work and even now I am feeling completely drained.

Congrats on that Martian!

The cockpit is looking good.

Terry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Martian did you do what I did?

Remove the .org bookmark from your 'device' then search (I used Google) for the new version on postimg.cc and enter your password

When I did that it immediately reset the account to the .cc identity

I do/did still have an occasional missing image but on the whole nowt like the Photocrappit exercise of recent history

Don't forget to set a new bookmark either

Been a pain hasn't it.  😱

Thanks Bill. I cannot find the new  postimg.cc on google. I get taken to the old .org site but when I log in it automatically transfers me to the.cc site and all my pictures are there. However when I go back to BM my pictures have not restored themselves. I have saved the new site to my favourites bar. What am I doing wrong? 

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Congrats on that Martian!

The cockpit is looking good.

Terry

Thanks Terry. Did you find the course hard? The Head of my MVS unit said his brain had turned to cabbage after he did it and that's a pretty good way of describing how I feel at the moment!

Martian

• Like 1

I just tried the .cc site on google and it took me to an upload page on my Postimage area

but the urls on pictures are now .cc ones

They did that, not me

I think they will need a few days to sort it and it seems our own Mike thinks the same if you look this up in the Chat section

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Terry. Did you find the course hard? The Head of my MVS unit said his brain had turned to cabbage after he did it and that's a pretty good way of describing how I feel at the moment!

I have to confess I found it challenging, but I had done some Nav stuff years before which helped. The bit that drove me to distraction was tidal heights and such stuff!

I'm sure your brain will calm after a few days modelling!

• Like 1

Hello Dear Martian,

So, I misunderstand, You get through the exam ?

Don't know why, I used to think that actually teach peoples in yachting....

Sorry to hear about postimage, I still use Flickr but never did tried to resize the pics.

I know a good way to calm down your brain....

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

On 17/04/2018 at 05:37, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dear Martian,

So, I misunderstand, You get through the exam ?

Don't know why, I used to think that actually teach peoples in yachting....

Sorry to hear about postimage, I still use Flickr but never did tried to resize the pics.

I know a good way to calm down your brain....

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC, yes I passed the exam. I think you associate it with yachting because the qualification is run by the Royal Yachting Association who are the recognised authority for small boating qualifications in the UK regardless as to whether the vessel is powered by sail or is a power driven craft. I am driving motor launches and RIBs.

Martian

• Like 3

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Bit tame after an interplanetary flying saucer aren't they Mr. Martian....?! :winkgrin:

Keith

Says he just after the Martian gets back from helping conduct a full scale rescue in some, shall we say "challenging", conditions. If that's tame you Earthlings can keep it.

Shattered of Mars

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:16, keefr22 said:

RNLI Martian?

No, MVS. We were out on a training cruise when we were asked by Solent Coastguard to assist a vessel that had lost power. Winds were force 5 gusting to 6 and the vessel was somewhat larger than our own. To make matters even more interesting something on the towed vessel cut through the towline and we had to re-rig the tow very quickly to prevent the vessel drifting onto a nearby sandbank. I feel that I have fallen through another loft at the moment!

Battered and Bruised of Mars

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Battered and Bruised maybe, but you will rest easy on the knowledge that you have done a great deed.  We are proud of you fella here on earth. 

I wouldn't say it was a great deed, just one of those things that happens from time to time and you just have to get stuck in.

On the Starfighter front I have been continuing to fill, rub down, fill rub down etc. I feel the need to relieve the boredom by getting something glued together so I might take a look at the canopies.

Martian

• Like 1

Everything looks great Oh green one. :D congrats on passing the exam and for getting back to grips with Flickr. It’s my photo site too. I don’t re-size, but I do only take pick wth my iPhone. Hope you get feeling betteter real soon kid.

Johnny boy.

• Like 2

Thanks Johnny. The aches and pains are subsiding today. Its interesting that while the proverbial was hitting the fan, I didn't feel any pain at all, just a load of very cold water spraying over me. That reminds me of a true story, When I did my interview to join the MVS, there was another potential recruit there who was happy to join but, and I quote "Didn't want to do anything that might involve getting wet"! suffice to say she didn't end up joining! Work that one out.

Martian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It would appear, dear betentacled wonder guy, that your pictures are intact

Have you been fettling with other sources or has Mike's sterling work on the database resolved your problems too

Mine is all hunky dory now

(Phrase carefully chosen to chime with our nautical hero)

Dory?

Boat, geddit?

[F.Howerd]Oh well please yourselves[/F.Howerd]

Edited by perdu
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, perdu said:

It would appear, dear betentacled wonder guy, that your pictures are intact

Have you been fettling with other sources or has Mike's sterling work on the database resolved your problems too

Mine is all hunky dory now

(Phrase carefully chosen to chime with our nautical hero)

Dory?

Boat, geddit?

[F.Howerd]Oh well please yourselves[/F.Howerd]

Must be @Mike working his magic, I gave up trying to restore pictures one by one a few days ago as I had practically lost the will to live.

Cheers Mike!

Martian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a quickie today as I thought I ought to show you where we are at as of this moment. All the main joints have now been filed and had their initial rub down and the fine sanding and polishing of the airframe has started. Obviously, with this being a natural metal finish, it is crucial that I get this spot on and it may take some time. Still, I do have the canopy detail to get on with, Daco supply some pretty comprehensive parts for this and there is also my new toy................

Thanks for looking and thanks @Mike for sorting the Postimage crisis out. The pictures are also going on my Flickr account just in case.

Martian

128.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

• Like 10