CF-104D Starfighter 1/48 Hasegawa

Martian

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Worthy of three 'gloop gloops' and a large OOOLAH!

Thanks Pete. What exactly are you drinking at the moment, Jovian Old Gut Rot perchance?

59 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Nice RAT! Hey, I thought you were a Martian, not a rodent.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill. Have you seen what a Martian rodent looks like?

88a94042968fecb8f64989f9a3ca0f89.jpg

34 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Thems some crackin pipes you have there.:thumbsup:

john

I bet you say that to all the girls!

25 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Nice work on the RAT

Glad your now enjoying this again.

Roger

Thanks Roger, I just need to keep doing this for myself and stop setting myself deadlines.

Martian

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Pete. What exactly are you drinking at the moment, Jovian Old Gut Rot perchance?

A rather nice Shiraz, actually, which will segue into a malt very soon.

Jovian Old Gut Rot - last time I drank that I got a giant spot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

A rather nice Shiraz, actually, which will segue into a malt very soon.

So you will be joining the :pardon: brigade in the very near future then!

Martian

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foresterab said:

Hi Martian,

What I want to know is where the full scale model is that makes all those fiddly bits actually holdable.   Very amazing details and much beyond my skills.

foresterab

Thanks. Its just a combination of very fine tweezers, a small hand vice, some x13 spectacles adjusted for my vision and a ginormous portion of bloody mindedness.

Martian

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Having had a senior moment on another thread regarding the CF-104, I have now discovered this one, and what a pleasant experience this has been!

I shall now follow this with much interest Martian. This looks like one superb CF-104 in the making.......

Cheers

Terry

Shamed by @opus999 I decided that I would take my first tentative steps back into my long term projects by getting this build started again. 

I began by adding a connection point for all the hoses that come off the hydraulic bay door. This went quite well and I then pressed on by making the attachment point for the jacks that operate the main undercarriage doors, I am having these open to show the piping inside. The doors in the pictures look a bit wonky as they are only held in place by White Tack but do actually line up fine in real life.

I then stopped and thought what the black marks on the fuselage were for and then remembered that they marked imperfections that need further attention so it was out with the Mr Dissolved Gloop. I have also masked off the RAM turbine bay ready for some primer as I don't think it will be all that long before we can start lobbing some paint at the internals of the build. A bit more work on the ejection seats and some wiring looms and I think we are good to go.

Thanks for looking

Martian

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 16

I hope your Third Party Insurance is up to date !!

I shall be putting in a claim .....

I got up this morning opened BM all bleary eyed and bang I fell off my chair.  :banghead:

The elusive Martian is back in his chair !!

GOOD to have you back and up to your usual standard

Kev

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, longshanks said:

I hope your Third Party Insurance is up to date !!

I shall be putting in a claim .....

I got up this morning opened BM all bleary eyed and bang I fell off my chair.  :banghead:

The elusive Martian is back in his chair !!

GOOD to have you back and up to your usual standard

Kev

Thanks Kev. Its only a tentative step at the moment but I was told I will be getting some extra treatment yesterday and it did give me a bit of a boost.

Martian

• Like 4

Can we have a consultation,maybe a House Committee stage on this?

Is he allowed to come here, smart as you like, and go on blowing us out of us's chairs just like this?

I remembered how much I liked it when it was live, I'm just a bit scared of using all my likes up in a session like before

In other news Martian sir, it is even nicer than I remembered

Wow

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, perdu said:

Can we have a consultation,maybe a House Committee stage on this?

You can but even I can finish a build in the time it would take that shower to report their findings.

Thanks for the support though.

Martian

1 minute ago, Martian Hale said:

You can but even I can finish a build in the time it would take that shower to report their findings.

Thanks for the support though.

Martian

😂

And of course if they got a result in its bound to miss the point completely again

Good to have this one live again Martian, sounds good for you too

B

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Delighted to see this one back on your bench and under progress again Martian :worthy:

Early days yet but you may see some of my other long term builds making a return to this august forum over the next few days.

Martian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Shamed by @opus999 I decided that I would take my first tentative steps back into my long term projects by getting this build started again. 

I began by adding a connection point for all the hoses that come off the hydraulic bay door. This went quite well and I then pressed on by making the attachment point for the jacks that operate the main undercarriage doors, I am having these open to show the piping inside. The doors in the pictures look a bit wonky as they are only held in place by White Tack but do actually line up fine in real life.

I then stopped and thought what the black marks on the fuselage were for and then remembered that they marked imperfections that need further attention so it was out with the Mr Dissolved Gloop. I have also masked off the RAM turbine bay ready for some primer as I don't think it will be all that long before we can start lobbing some paint at the internals of the build. A bit more work on the ejection seats and some wiring looms and I think we are good to go.

Thanks for looking

Martian

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Glad I could be of service! ;)  ...and may I say "Holy Cow!"  The detail in those landing gear bays is stunning! I'm excited to see how this one shapes up!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hendie said:

nice to see you back on this one Martian.  I'd forgotten how good it was.

Thanks Hendie, its small steps at the moment but there is flickering of mojo there.

4 hours ago, opus999 said:

Glad I could be of service! ;)  ...and may I say "Holy Cow!"  The detail in those landing gear bays is stunning! I'm excited to see how this one shapes up!

Thanks, I am quite looking forward to getting this one done myself. Even at my glacial pace, I should be able to get her done in time for Telford this year. Sooner than that hopefully as I have a Sea Fury or two that need building along with some Seafires as part of another of my "cunning plans"

Martian

• Like 4