1/48 Eduard Mirage lll

DDELK

Hello all,

I'm building dual Mirage lll,s and I was just curious if anyone has run into problems when it comes to attaching the wings to the fuselage? It's almost as if I have to add some Sprue sticks to spread the fuselage wide enough to close the gap once the wings are attached. It's seems like Eduard sometimes over engineers these kits sometimes or maybe I'm just complaining because things aren't going my way..lol.. Anyhow, was just curious if anyone ran into this same issue..

Thanks from across the Atlantic.

Dave

Pretty sure I've seen this problem before on a Eduard Mirage III build so I don't think you're alone. I do however believe the kit is an Academy rebox so I don't think that the Eduard designers are to blame!

Muzz

Pretty sure I've seen this problem before on a Eduard Mirage III build so I don't think you're alone. I do however believe the kit is an Academy rebox so I don't think that the Eduard designers are to blame!

Muzz

Nah, it's Eduard all the way :) Nothing to do with Academy. The wing to fuselage fit is a little problematic, as is a lot of the kit. The three MiG-21s I'm building at the moment blow the Mirage out of the water...

https://jonbryon.com/mirage3c-html/

https://jonbryon.com/mirage3cj-html/

Jon

Never had problems with the wing to fuselage join, don't glue the rear of the wings when attaching the top wing to the bottom, it indicates this in the instructions,but not very clear, this allows the rear of the wing some movement when you attach it to the fuselage, you can get a step in the join otherwise.

Now the front part of the wing and engine ducts, that's a major pain in the rear, they can come out nice with a little care, but a lot of the small parts are badly molded and require major clean up due to mold slip

IMG_1081_zpsal57c8ux.jpg

• Like 1