Mirage F-1CZ Special Hobby 1/72

Fanakit

Hello,

My last model : Special Hobby 1/72 Mirage F-1CZ

Decals : Xtradecals and some stencils from Albatross

Paint : Gunze (Mix) and Alclad

Accessories, Pitot tub from master, and Resin ejection Seat.

Great kit, I simply applied Mr Surfacer on the panel line to decrease engraving.

Hope you enjoy this kit too

Ivan

f1cz_7.jpg

f1cz_6.jpg

f1cz_2.jpg

f1cz_4.jpg

f1cz_3.jpg

• Like 39

very nice work !!! :goodjob:

Two little, but very little remarks :

- maybe you could change the mice inside the air intake, on South African versions, it's a biconical mouse... :winkgrin:

mirage_f1-cz_201_34_dc.JPG

- you didn't paint the two sensors of the RWR on each side of the tail fin (the grey circle just below the VOR/ILS winglet).

4f19847483c6f_large.jpg

• Like 2

Ivan,

Thank you for sharing this with us, you've done a cracking job there :thumbsup:

I continue to be impressed by everyone's efforts with this kit and look forward to making one for the Mirage GB in 2017 (providing it gets through the vote, which it should if we see more models like this).

• Like 1

Hi Ivan,

Wow, that's excellent work - I love the realistic camouflage and finish. Nice selection of subject -you've made it look like a real Vlamgat! Nice photography too.

I agree with you -I'm looking forward to other releases as well.

Jay

PS -If you have the chance -it's an easy correction- perhaps you could fix the front nose gear door upright (it's upside down now).

Edited by Mountain goat
  • Like 1

Many thanks to all for comments, help and advise

very nice work !!! :goodjob:

Two little, but very little remarks :

- maybe you could change the mice inside the air intake, on South African versions, it's a biconical mouse... :winkgrin:

- you didn't paint the two sensors of the RWR on each side of the tail fin (the grey circle just below the VOR/ILS winglet).

Thank you Eclipse for your advise, I was in doubt with the RWR I found pics where the sensors are silver. And as I am not sure about the sensor I do nothing waiting for more information. Following your pic I update my model.

I known for the air intake but it's not so easy to correct it... and not enough motivation to do the job myself. I'm waiting for resin accessoiries maybe one day available on the market ? And what about Special Hobby future release https://s1.scalemates.com/products/img/0/0/4/259004-16207-30-pristine.jpg the 3D rendering does not have the correct mouse.

Hi Ivan,

Wow, that's excellent work - I love the realistic camouflage and finish. Nice selection of subject -you've made it look like a real Vlamgat! Nice photography too.

I agree with you -I'm looking forward to other releases as well.

Jay

PS -If you have the chance -it's an easy correction- perhaps you could fix the front nose gear door upright (it's upside down now).

Thanks Jay for your comment, I am unforgivable for the NLG door... now in the right way, I have to take new photo in natural light

f1czwb_1.jpg

Ivan

• Like 2

Hi Ivan,

That is superb modelling, you have produced an excellent miniature replica of a SAAF F1. Your presentation and photography is top notch too.

I look forward to building some of these SH kits as well. Roll on the Special Hobby release of the F1AZ and the CR/CT so I can use some more of my Berna Decals.

I shall also look forward to your future AZ build.

regards,

Zhizhou

Great looking CZ, brings back a lot of memories. One of them flew over my house in Pretoria from Waterkloof AFB when I was still a kid and in the process broke the sound barrier - I thought I was going to die!!! :)

Thanks Jay for your comment, I am unforgivable for the NLG door... now in the right way, I have to take new photo in natural light

-I did the same thing initially -which is why I noticed :winkgrin:

The new picture looks great by the way!

Jay