A couple of 54mm Napoleonic figures

AndrewE

Here are a couple of 54mm white metal figures from EK Castings that I have just finished. These are not my usual scale or subject, normally 120mm British subjects, but the quality of the castings was so good when I saw them for sale that I thought I would give a couple of them a go.

EK Castings do a large rage of 54mm single piece casting figures covering all ages from the ancient world all the way up to WWII and beyond, the metal castings are not as refined as resin ones available from other manufacturers but for the price (I think they were €6 each) they are great value.

The first figure is a Grenadier of the Imperial Guard, probably the most iconic uniform from the Napoleonic wars. The second figure is an Officer of the Garde du Corps from Saxony, This regiment served under Napoleon but was virtually wiped out in 1812 during the invasion of Russia.

I actually meant to buy a French Cuirassier instead of the Garde du Corps but picked up the wrong figure by mistake (both similar poses in my defence!), he has turned out OK though so no regrets now.

Figures are painted with a mixture of oil (face), acrylic and enamel.

01_zpskef977ie.jpg

03_zpsxx621gum.jpg

02_zps3scqbxxh.jpg

05_zpsvbyycj7f.jpg

04_zpsvxnkhuqz.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, FZ6 said:

Nice work Andrew,

Look forward to seeing them at the club sometime.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks Mark, I will be bringing them along to the next club meet.

Andrew