1/72 - V1 (Fieseler Fi.103) launch station/rail by Modelcollect - released

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Uncle Dick said:

Is it my eye sight/perspective or does the nose section look rather blunt in the picture of the model above (should look much more tapered) and the main wings appear to far forward on the model? Something not quite right there...

v1_01.jpg

It does look a little deformed. Like one I built with an old droptank and plastic card when I was 9.

Also have a look at how far the engine / exhaust module extends off the back end of the fuselage compared to the real thing or are there separate real life versions that have this feature???????? 

It looks as if they have placed the engine module to far back!

Edited by Uncle Dick

They will also release one with the launcher planted on the chassis of a tank . More practical for those of us without the necessary real estate for the launch rail .

http://www.modelcollect.com/germany-v1-missile-launcher-with-e-100-body

Oh my goodness: Another idea! Perfect way to use one of my B-17Gs  (Revell and Airfix). Since I actually do posess more than enough JB-2 Loons by MAC this might be an interesting way to display my B-17s.
One German, one Japanese (E-Version) ... so one in flight might be an option!

Thanks for posting the picture!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

Personally - I like this one with a bit of scratch building (with Airfix for the B-17) Go on Airfix give us a gift set release with these next year!!

B-17_1.jpg

UD,

Wow!  I can only imagine how much of an absolute pig that B-17 must've been in the air with those things attached.  The Germans had to graft two He-111s together just to launch one of the things and that Zwilling was a stripped down machine as a result.  This is a full up combat armed Fortress and it has bear the weight of not one but two V-1s!  And the drag of those cruise missiles and the drag of their launch trapeze.

Had this gone operational, say after Downfall had already passed its first phase, I could see a more refined version being used.  Something with streamlined pylons holding the Loons instead of those forests of struts.  And the '17 might well be stripped of all its gun turrets to save weight and simply depend on the clouds of American fighters to keep off what few Japanese defenders still took to the air.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Der Lingener said:

Oh my goodness: Another idea! Perfect way to use one of my B-17Gs  (Revell and Airfix). Since I actually do posess more than enough JB-2 Loons by MAC this might be an interesting way to display my B-17s.
One German, one Japanese (E-Version) ... so one in flight might be an option!

Thanks for posting the picture!

Yes I was in a state of panic as I had none (V-1s)  in the stash apart from the old Frog rendition so I I bought the last 2 Loon's that Hannants had left - I wish Mac would re-release their V1 kit as they are very hard to find - I could find none for sale yesterday, and I am not buying the Modelcollect just yet!

Hi Uncle Dick,

simply drop me a note: I can offer you some Loons and V-1s from MAC at 11 Euros each (they are available here in Germany with no problem whatsoever)! Interested? I can order them for you and send them to whereever necessary.

The price and postage (which, of course, has to be determined) can be paid via PayPal ...

Michael

Edited by Der Lingener

• 1 month later...

Apologies Der Lingerer only saw your post now when I came to post the below - yes I would be interested in your offer if your offer still stands

I had ordered 2 of the Modelcollect V1 but alas I should not have as the image of the sprue below at least to my eye is that their V1 model is "Kaput"! (see my previous comments in this thread as to why)... ah well at least I can use the launch rails... I might try and cut the main wings off and move them back a little,  try and re scribe, might also do a comparison with the very nice MAC kit but I will have to wait until I receive the kit by surface post!

Below image from Hobby search Japan

10428888n.jpg

the fuselage and nose I think forward of the main wing will need to be sanded / sharpened as it looks too stubby  cannot see the tail empennage and motor am guessing that will not be correct either...  

Edited by Uncle Dick

The nose is stunted definitely. Possibly too curved/smooth where the nose segments join, needs a more angular step.

It looks more like a 103 with the cockpit removed -  I believe they had the wing mounted a little further forward?