leander class deck colours

cruiserguy

Hi Everyone,

I am putting the bits together for my HMS Lowestoft kitbash, and would like to know what colour to paint the decks. I built the Airfix Leander too many years ago to count now, and I remember the deck callout was green. However, I wonder if this was correct, and would like to ask if the deck should be dark grey. I've seen a 350 scale Leander Class with a green on this site but can't remember who built it, or on which forum it is. Can anyone help with either?

In addition, if the deck should turn out to be green, is Lifecolor's semtex a good match?

Best Wishes,

Will.

Hi Graham,

I should have thought about that before I asked; you're dead right. I am not an expert on these ships as WW2 is my favourite period. I plan to build HMS Lowestoft using MT Miniature's HMS Plymouth as a starting point. So I guess it would be late 60's.

Best Wishes,

Will.

She would have been painted deck green in the 60's Epigrip grey was introduced late 709's early 80's When I was on Glamorgan all our upper deck that was not wood was painted Dark Grey. The only bit still green in 84 was a well deck behind the fwd funnel, until yours truly spent a day as a sprog painting it dark grey.

This bit had been missed even after the Falklands re fit when the repairs were carried out and the Bofors and extra Oerlikons were fitted

WEM used to do the shade of green you need also have a trawl in the WIP's in ships for Chewitts HMS Hero ./ Gun Leander thread.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...