Latin Meatbox 1/72

All,

Here's the latest from the Williams' paint shop. In keeping with my current Latin theming it is a Meteor FR.9, operated by Grupo de Caza 2111, Fuerza Aerea Ecuatoriana. They operated this model from Taura AB between 1954 and 1972, with 12 delivered from Tarrant Rushton.

I used the MPM Meteor FR.9 plus a resin cockpit set from CMK and a set of rails from an MPM "Aussie" Meteor F.8. In Ecuador it was operated solely as a fighter/ground attack machine and the recce ports were blanked. For the decals I made the serials and some stencils and used a set of Aztec roundels that were for an A-37. They are not the exact size but close enough. I finished her is Humbrol 191 and dirtied her up with Flory "Dirt" and then finished off with Humbrol Gloss Cote. Oh, and a bit from my broom for the aerial! ;)

The only image I have found of these machines. that are not showing the aerobatic team, is this:

Meteor001crop

The MPM kit was generally okay, as many of you know, but a bugger around the nose and nose wheel. I did my best. I hope you like her.

_DSC0394flickr

_DSC0393flickr

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
Turning my back on PB and adding new images
  • Like 28

Hi Martin,

A lovely finish to a good British "subject". Nice to see one in Latin American markings which is different.

Keep up the excellent work mate. :goodjob::viking:

Thanks mate. There is another Meteor (Mk.4), a F-80C and a AT-33A to go yet, plus a Canadair Sabre, all Latin :)

... plus an F4U, F-47D, a T-28 and a F-51D

M

Edited by RidgeRunner

Very nice build, and the kit has come up a treat. My main issues with the MPM Meteors is the thickness of the wing. mine was a bit like doing a vacform and yes the front end needs some care.