Christine's little sister.

arni

I can't wait to see this baby done,hope you don't mind arni.. but what's a 64 got to do with the love of Arnies life...

They were both Belvedere cars.

Took a looky online last night at the real deal and saw pics of the car with either silver or blue wheels,so went for (chrome) silver a a contrast to the body.Then foiled the body sides..

2nklyts.jpg

Then......The Lindberg curse struck again! The decals broke up badly in water - in fact if I had used a frag grenade it would have been better.....

So it will have to be done as a generic race car..

2rettza.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this was going to be a Sebastien Vettel Red Bull F1 car when I saw the thread title :)

But this is much better! There is a whole world of Americana model kits I see out here that I've never really seen - I am quite tempted by some of the old Indy and NASCAR classics....

Looking cool - lovely coluor.

On 28/09/2016 at 7:18 PM, caterhamnut said:

Thought this was going to be a Sebastien Vettel Red Bull F1 car when I saw the thread title :)

But this is much better! There is a whole world of Americana model kits I see out here that I've never really seen - I am quite tempted by some of the old Indy and NASCAR classics....

Looking cool - lovely coluor.

Thanks,I will let you in on a secret re the paint.....It is actually a Humbrol glass etch and seeing it realised that it was perfect for a Petty car!

• Like 1