Revell porsche 956 made into the 1988 lemans spec

shood23

So close to having this done now it's almost too exciting (for me) 

Today I managed to mask off the car and get the black parts painted like the head light areas and the top part. Just need to put the remaining decals on and seal them then a light polish and final assembly. 

Here it is 

20161009_163220-1_zps9fognlza.jpg

There is a little red patch in the next picture as I need to drill out a hole of the oil top up tank (I think) as this part is on the tamiya car shell but is not there on the revell one 

20161009_163212-1_zpsx1lxqsjx.jpg

Oh and the dash area was painted in tamiya rubber black before I forget that's why the black is more shiny on the roof than in that area 

More soon 

Shaun 

• Like 1

Thanks Roger. 

A little more done on this over the last few days 

Firstly I got the bits stuck inside then glued the floor pan to the car 

20161016_131525_zpsqzcqkebq.jpg

I finished the lights and lenses 

20161016_131508_zpscnqkvcs8.jpg

Windscreen went in with the side windows 

20161017_114242_zpssbzfubka.jpg

Rear wing supports and wing plane have been glued on 

20161017_114236_zpsdmxppeat.jpg

From the rear 

20161017_114251_zpsuunwgt1p.jpg

And finally I have seen this car with and without the wheel disks, only on the front and on all wheels so I have got some advice from a guy who worked on these cars in the 80s and I will be following what he said, all wheels have disks at lemans for aero efficiency so I have pinched them from another kit I have and they look really good so I have just polished up the plastic and they will go on at the end 

20161017_114329_zpsyliol2hc.jpg

More soon

Shaun 

Right and it's done. 

Here's a quick sneak peek 

20161017_181811_zpslbiuqzq2.jpg

Ah ha you didn't think I was going to give it away too much. Check out the rfi section for the full build report and pictures. Funnily though the blurred picture does look better than some of my older builds. 

Thanks to all those who commented and followed along. 

I would normally say look out for my new builds at this point but I still have alot I want to finish so won't be starting anything new this year but I discovered start a new thread today for something a little different (for me) so follow along on that to see how/what I do to it. 

Here's the link to it,

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010543-aoshima-rocket-bunny-toyota-86/

Thanks again 

Shaun