Italeri 1/32 Sopwith Camel

Stonenkey

Looking very nice indeed! I'd darken the light part of the prop myself, the laminations weren't very visible on British props, more so on some of the German ones.

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 1

Many thanks to Mike for very kindly (and very discreetly on PM) pointing out that my MG's are upside down. Another school boy error that I will now correct lol.

Cheers Mike :banghead:

I don't think it was your fault. Every time I see this Academy/Italeri Camel built, the guns are always upside down, i believe the instructions are to blame.

Good one !!!

Model On !!!

Cheers, Tony

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 6:58 PM, Sergey said:

The rear hole of the fuel tank was right.

Thanks Sergey :-)

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:06 PM, limeypilot said:

Looking very nice indeed! I'd darken the light part of the prop myself, the laminations weren't very visible on British props, more so on some of the German ones.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

Yes, I am not altogether pleased with the Prop and will darken it up as you suggest.  Cheers mate.

Deano

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, Howlindawg said:

Nice Milliputtery on the leatherwork.

I must give that a try at some point.

Cheers bro,

I came upon it quite by accident but think it adds value to the model.  :-)

Deano

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 11:36 PM, Tony Edmundson said:

I don't think it was your fault. Every time I see this Academy/Italeri Camel built, the guns are always upside down, i believe the instructions are to blame.

Good one !!!

Model On !!!

Cheers, Tony

Yes, not only do the instructions show them upside down but there are locating pegs on the MGs that slot into holes which are on the wrong side of the guns 🤔

mGs are now a bit messed up with having to remove and replace! 

• 3 weeks later...

Almost finished now, until one of you mentions something that I've messed up on lol.

20160920_145710_zpsf1tsdzma.jpg20160920_145753_zpsp7wzyjmn.jpg20160920_145816_zps0kcwtn7b.jpg20160920_145824_zpsigtsmzac.jpg20160920_145952_zpsimockak5.jpg

I will work on a base for it now and post to Ready For Inspection.  Many thanks for everyones input and I really enjoyed this model. ;-)

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Billydick said:

Just caught up with this thread.  Great modelling and particularly impressive rigging! :goodjob:

BillyD

Thanks so much Billy!  I really enjoyed this and I have definitely got the bug now :worthy:

Looks great!

Nice work on the rigging, but you have missed one wire between the cabane struts - the wires form an "X" either side, fore and aft, where you only have the one from top rear to lower front. Not a huge issue but a piece of very thin wire may be your best bet to correct it easily.

Ian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Looks great!

Nice work on the rigging, but you have missed one wire between the cabane struts - the wires form an "X" either side, fore and aft, where you only have the one from top rear to lower front. Not a huge issue but a piece of very thin wire may be your best bet to correct it easily.

Ian

Thanks so much Ian for the kind words and correction on my rigging.  Thankfully, not a biggy to sort out now that I know.

Cheers mate.

Dean

14 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Why does your elevator and rudder cables travel past the horns ??

Nice job on the woodwork and prop !!!

Model On !!!

Tony

3 hours ago, Sergey said:

f63a0767bba5a316adea7c505cc858a9.gifAdorably !!!

Thanks guys! 

As for rudder cables, I'm not quite sure what you meen, but I followed the instructions from Revell.  I'm presuming that the horns are the spikey, sticky uppy things? I will have a good look at more pictures of real Camels to see what you mean.

cheers

Dean

18 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Why does your elevator and rudder cables travel past the horns ??

Standard fitment on most British aircraft of the period. Here's the one at IWM in London...

029_1.jpg

• Like 1