1/35 Trumpeter - BTR 60 PU

Hello!

It's been a while again. I've recently finished this great Trumpeter's model - BTR 60 PU with interior. When I saw this model kit, immediatly I had this thought of showing the interior via cut-offs in the upper hull. Finally I've picked this one to do and had a chance to do this project. In the meantime I've decided to put some lights inside powered by a battery placed in engine bay (the kit doesn't provide any details in this section.

The kit itself was nicely moulded and detailed. The only problem I had, when it came to join together lower and upper hulls. Dry fitting was ok, but then when everything was finished, big gaps appeared in front.. Managed to fill them and finish the model. When it comes to interior colour, it's not 100% accurate for this exact vehicle. I've done some research and appeared, that there was pretty much everything from white, thru green and even blue. I've painted the instruments in classic russian cold war interior colour greelue (green+blue) smile.png

Enjoy and don't be scared to comment!

DSC_0652.jpg
DSC_0654.jpg
DSC_0656.jpg
DSC_0658.jpg
DSC_0660.jpg
DSC_0662.jpg
DSC_0666.jpg
DSC_0667.jpg
DSC_0671.jpg
DSC_0674.jpg
DSC_0675.jpg
DSC_0676.jpg
DSC_0677.jpg

On some pictures looks like some wheels are not flat on the ground, that's due to my vinyl background, which is quite stiff and model isn't heavy enough to make it flat.. unsure.png

Thanks for your attention, Will be back soon!

Bart.

Edited by bluriusz
  • Like 15

Thanks everyone! It's quite motivating when your builds are appreciated. Really!

Superb job there, I particularly like the weathering on the front, the cut away is a nice touch. Just curoius but what is that tall stack of somethings?

Not sure, but according to the internet, it's AMU telescope mast, which was used for guiding anti-aircraft vehicles. Sounds quite possible, but I'd be happy if anyone who knows more could correct me if I'm wrong.

Great build! Is it a what-if or real? Didn't know that Czech had BTR-60.

You should check the insignia,should be like here on OT-64: http://www.army.cz/images/id_5001_6000/5021/02.jpg

It is real thing. Only "maybe" is the interior colour.

You're absolutely right! Trumpeter got it wrong in the instructions. I didn't even thought about it until now. It's quite obvious that this will be a Czech flag in a circle..

Just read that even the vehicle variant is wrong.. Well close but wrong.

It's BTR-60 PU12..

:facepalm:

the stack of something is a collapsible telescoping antenna array, you'll find them fitted to most Soviet era command and communication vehicles, the antenna is only raised when the vehicle is parked and has numerous guy wires to stabilize it.

the BTR-60PU is a command and communication vehicle and the telescoping array is found on all of them though the actual antenna varies depending on the equipment fitted.

• Like 1

Wiki knows:" BTR-60PU-12 (9S482) (punkt upravleniya) (1972) – BTR-60PB converted into an air defense command vehicle and used by units equipped with ZSU-23-4, SA-9 or SA-13. The turret was removed and the vehicle was fitted with the AMU telescope mast on the right side of the front hull roof and the AB1-P/30 1 kW generator on top of the blanking plate.[15] The vehicle is equipped with the 1G13 gyroscope, the KP-4 navigation apparatus and the ASPD-12 computer. Often, the PU-12 is connected to a radar and the radar image is directly visible on the vehicle's IT-45 monitor."

• Like 1