Modelsvit M-17 'Stratosfera' in 1/72 scale

Just finished.... the excellent Myasishchev M-17 'Stratosfera' model kitted by the Ukrainian firm of Modelsvit......

m-17_modelsvit_53.jpg

m-17_modelsvit_55.jpg

Size comparison - with a MiG-25....

m-17_modelsvit_56.jpg

The decals are really superb - they went on without any problems and are easily readable.

m-17_modelsvit_58.jpg

Despite installing the recommended nose weight, it was still a tail sitter - so I scratched a pair of support jacks....

m-17_modelsvit_62.jpg

Alongside the less accurate Anigrand resin version - made some years ago.....

m-17_modelsvit_66.jpg

It was a relatively easy build with no major problems - the WIP thread is here

..... and more photos on my website here.

This was an unexpected - but very welcome release from Modelsvit and it makes up into a superb model of a little-known high-altitude interceptor/reconnaissance platform from the design bureau of Vladimir Myasishchev.

If it proves to be popular, maybe Modelsvit will be persuaded to kit its big brother - the M-55 'Geophysica'

Ken

• Like 39

If it proves to be popular, maybe Modelsvit will be persuaded to kit its big brother - the M-55 'Geophysica'

Ken

Lets hope so Ken, I would actually prefer that over the M-17, but happy we have it at last. Great job on the model too!

Exceedingly nice outcome of an informative and interesting build. Nice to see such an unusual and arresting aircraft being built. The scale comparison with the MiG-25 is revealing... Also I like how Aeroflot colours fit basically everything. Great work.

Jay

Hi Friend:

Have never heard of this one and obviously never seen her until today...really a magnificent machine and wonderful build. Will look forother models from this also unknown manufacturer that would have nice models to offer.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers from Guatemala,çç

Luis Alfonso